Misses needs better seat

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Went for our first longer ride today, 150 miles, and Libby had a lot of pain in the butt, because the Roadster pillion seat is too short and the sissy bar is too far back to be much help in keeping her forward enough. She like to relax against it, soooo, what are my options inregard to altering the pillion seat, will Day Long do such a job? Others, did a search and mostly touring seats and gel seats for the rider. Suggestions please

Hoopla

My favorite guy went out of business.

I would suggest you contact @canecorso north of the border and let him know what you need. You'll get a top quality product and be helping a fellow Rocket captain.

Seat opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one. I have had C&C Custom, Mustang and now Corbin on my Rocket. I like a firm seat so the Corbin suits me well. The other two were good but softer.

Heard nothing but good about Russell Day Long but plan on spending around $1,000.

Not sure if I'm helping you or confusing you...I tried
.:)

Triumph do make a gel pillion seat but save up and get a Corbin or a Russel daylong so you are both comfy

I run a Corbin dual tour with their riders back rest but be advised they are firm. The first time I sat on mine I thought...great...that was a waste of money, but turned out pretty well. I also hate their mounting system but Hanso came up with a great mod to fix that

I run a Corbin dual tour with their riders back rest but be advised they are firm. The first time I sat on mine I thought...great...that was a waste of money, but turned out pretty well. I also hate their mounting system but Hanso came up with a great mod to fix that

Well don't leave us hanging:rolleyes:;)

My Rocket came with a Cobin heated seat I was so excited back then he showed me a bill $900.00 for the seat
Way too hard for my butt, So finnaly decided to do it over reshape it, changed it up a bit to fit me more and inserted this gel 1\2 inch medical gel with separate individual squares that easily shapes your but, and a way better quality leather and seem nicer for me.
I still say I could of done even better.
When I used to make furniture I made my wife a love seat and sofa she wanted hard foam so I put in Extra hard foam and upholster it in a cut morhair it's 30 years old fabric still looks good and she loves it I hate it the stupid thing is still too hard for me lol.
And now she's talking she wants me to do it in leather, I said when she wears that fabric out I will.:)
My two daughters is in the states doesn't seem like they are coming back, so wife and I are talking about moving back to the states.
Oldest just moved to Oklahama for a three year job and youngest is in Seattle, wife thought she can semi retire with me, but she wants to go back to work full time lol
I hope it's not me:)

For what it is worth, Mustang don't yet make a seat for the Roadster....seems the Roadster may be wider than the tourer in the frame. Its a shame cos they make a **** fine seat.

Went for our first longer ride today, 150 miles, and Libby had a lot of pain in the butt, because the Roadster pillion seat is too short and the sissy bar is too far back to be much help in keeping her forward enough. She like to relax against it, soooo, what are my options inregard to altering the pillion seat, will Day Long do such a job? Others, did a search and mostly touring seats and gel seats for the rider. Suggestions please
Hoopla
Well for a start search for the Triumph "Classic" 1-pce seat - and scour the web to find an older one with rider backrest. It is better - esp pillion (longer, wider and flatter)
And look for the Classic sissy-bar backrest pad - it´s better for leaning back (says my missus). That or fit a small top case with decent backrest (better still says the missus).

Maybe look at the ButtyBuddy?.

Failing which - get a CUSTOM made job (or DIY). In the US - I'd have talked to Russell.

I had a Corbin on my Buell and it was ridiculously hard. Took ages (years) to fully break in and I HAD to wear really well seat padded leather pants during the process.
I have gel pads in my seat - but be aware that gel can get VERY hot if you leave the seat uncovered in hot sun.

Back