Miserable day riding

joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
Hello

To all my new friends that live way up north..in the US and Canada.

I left out on the Rocket at 10:30 am this morning and just got back at 5:30 pm. It was a nasty 69*F and Sunny this am. Around 12 noon....It was 76* F, I had to come out of my coat and strap it to the bike..I had on a long sleeve T shirt which made it bareable the rest of the day. I made it home just before dark, the temp had dropped to a chilly 73* F

I used 8 gal. of gas in 200 miles....Must be the weather that is hurting my fuel mileage..I never turned it over 4K RPM more than twice the whole day.

The Bad News....It suppose to be just like today......Tomorrow:D...Will head out earlier:p

Yes I know that this ......................WAS COLD:eek:

Envious

Glad you had a great trip :),, and yes, very envious here. We've had our January thaw with temps up to 44F but normal temperatures are returning this week and will hover around the -7F to -10F range for the week. With the thaw there have been a lot of bare roads but interspersed patches of ice and I've wanted to take the bike out as well but the Mrs. was quite adamant and as I prefer a happy life,,, I try to keep a happy wife.

Until the warm weather is back, I'll have to continue to live vicariously through the stories on the Forum boards. :eek:

Wow, the world has turned upside down. It's been in the 40's here for the last few days with lows in the 20's. Coldest weather in over 20 years. I'm digging out clothes I haven't seen since the Carter years.

Too cold

It was 12 degrees here last night. 34 at 10:00 A.M. I opened up my garage and looked at my bike. I then looked back out at the clear, cold, no wind sky and said not only no, but Hell no!! I'm a "Fair weather rider."

I sometimes ride when it's not so warm, too.

Attachments

• DSC00429b.jpg
    DSC00429b.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 91
high temp. today 15/20 deg.f. low next couple days 0to minus5 f. getting old will wait to it warms up a little

Supposed to be 27 degrees here in the morning. Yes I will be testing out my new cruise control on the way to work at 6 am :D:eek:

Back