minor irritating front brake sound

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
just changed the front pads when apply the brakes get some barely audible sound; i guess i can take them off and apply some break quiet on the pads..

Take them off and lube them with break pad grease before reinstalling them. Not the friction side... the caliper piston side. Brush caliper with soapy water after copious brake cleaner shower. Revisit all the bolts that hold the calipers to the frame.

Take them off and lube them with break pad grease before reinstalling them. Not the friction side... the caliper piston side. Brush caliper with soapy water after copious brake cleaner shower. Revisit all the bolts that hold the calipers to the frame.
yeah i'm hoping the sound will soon go away; if it doesn i will apply this direction

To get rid of it, run organic non-sintered pads. They’re softer and quieter, but dust more, wear faster, and don’t work as well, but they’re cheap and quiet.

To get rid of it, run organic non-sintered pads. They’re softer and quieter, but dust more, wear faster, and don’t work as well, but they’re cheap and quiet.
i may just build my selective hearing from 11 years of marriage and apply it these brakes; they seem to be not as wishy hopeful in time maybe they will lessen..

Back