bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
Just like Brunswick Heads Julie and I were stumbling around Queenslands back roads doing the grey nomad thing with no plan or direction. Spent last night in Texas then headed north this morning and blundered onto a big HotRod weekend at Millmerin. We are at Dalby tonight.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My pick of the day, only the mat black was a bit flash a bit of rust and wear and tear would have been nice

Here's one for you Bruce. Snapped at a hot rod show in Queanbeyan a couple of months ago. I kinda liked it too.

IMG_1081.JPG
Ford Rancher I think they were called. The reason Chevrolet started building Elcamino's. I like the paddock find look, rule no7 rust is not a crime! When I was a kid going to school my best mate's dad had a Ford RanchWagon. The same as this ute only Stationwagon

I see some HotRod builders are doing paint jobs on cars to make them look weathered and rusty. I think they call it patina paint, I'd call it cheating finding a rusty one and leaving it that way still looks better. Don't get me wrong I like and can appreciate shiny good paint too, just not into owning it and looking after it.

This is my dad's latest finished project, 1948 International KS5 logging truck.
image.jpg
I love the paint and that the doors don't match. The drivers side door has very faded sign writing that says J Bennett Sawmilling Beaury Creek via Urbenville. And a 2 digit phone number

Tried to get the cab bonnet and guards off him for my future RatRod but he wouldn't be in it. I think it would look nice sitting low on an F350 chassis with a 460 in it. But Mabey that's just me.

Back