Might take the Rock to the drags

THE PUNISHER

Turbocharged
We have a local 1/8th drag strip and I was thinking of maybe taking the big pig out for a fang.
So whats the best way to launch,1st or 2nd gear????
I have dragged cars plenty of times but never my bike,**** I might even take the little speedy as well :wink:
Have launched on normal roads in first gear heaps and heaps but do have trouble keeping the front wheel under control(looks good for the street but not the best for a quick time)
So give me your thought fellas :lol:

Well

Make sure your body is as far forward as you can get it. I am assuming you have a tuneboy with 100% in 1st and 2nd? I have on acassion shifted from 1st to 2nd when messing with someone without the cluch, much quicker unless you get hung up.:eek:

I would probably start in second. I have found that when launching in first on a surface that has good traction, I have to let off the throttle to keep the front end down.

Well I went and watched but left the bike in the shed.I tried to get a couple of mates to go that have bikes and none were keen:mad:So maybe next time;)

We have a local 1/8th drag strip and I was thinking of maybe taking the big pig out for a fang.
So whats the best way to launch,1st or 2nd gear????
I have dragged cars plenty of times but never my bike,**** I might even take the little speedy as well :wink:
Have launched on normal roads in first gear heaps and heaps but do have trouble keeping the front wheel under control(looks good for the street but not the best for a quick time)
So give me your thought fellas :lol:
Yer tune boy and secondries removed,lock up clutch and cams.
Might have to have a few practice runs down my road.

1/8 mile is pretty short, you are only going to have time to shift maybe once or twice, so it might be best to start in second gear?? What would be a good time for that.... six seconds or less?

I was thinking that a good thing to do would be to lower the air pressure in the rear to soften it up for more grip, but I have no idea how low to go. A car tire might be best for this. I gotta believe that an 1/8th mile run has to be all about the launch.

I was thinking that a good thing to do would be to lower the air pressure in the rear to soften it up for more grip, but I have no idea how low to go. A car tire might be best for this. I gotta believe that an 1/8th mile run has to be all about the launch.
Was going to do that,maybe 20lb or a tad lower.And your right about the launch,get off the line quick and the sporties will be lucky if they can catch up:D

Back