Yes there area is a mess. I new it was getting ruff when the ole lady and I were watching a movie in the room above my garage when the house and garage started shaking. The imediately you could hear the roof tearing off one of my nieghbors buildings. Thank god we were about 20 miles away from the real devestation!!
I'll have to take a walk on th eproperty to see how my place faired out. Hopefully I only lost some trees or gained some fire wood.

Yes there area is a mess. I new it was getting ruff when the ole lady and I were watching a movie in the room above my garage when the house and garage started shaking. The imediately you could hear the roof tearing off one of my nieghbors buildings. Thank god we were about 20 miles away from the real devestation!!
I'll have to take a walk on th eproperty to see how my place faired out. Hopefully I only lost some trees or gained some fire wood.

Glad to hear it Warp. Those storms ain't no joke. Back in the early 60's dad's job took us to Crystal Lake IL. Had several pretty close calls but a lot of the town looked like the news footage from yesterday.

Thoughts and prayers to the folks that got caught in the worst of it.

Just got down of fthe roof the high winds tried removing a square and a half of shingles prematurely :D

Glad thats all that really happened. I can see my neighbor does not have to worry about the tare off as his barns roof is gone, I think his neighbor has a lot to clean up even though he had no damage.

I guess people 200 miles north in Chicago are finding stuff from central Illinois up there.

Last edited:
Back