Michelin Commander II update

mport

.060 Over
Ride
09 R3T
Here's a pic of my Michelin Commander II rear tire on a 09 R3T.
5400 miles on it so far and little if any noticeable wear so far. That's more than I got on my original Metz. and it was bald when I changed it.
I live in eastern Ohio and we have plenty of twisty roads. This tire grips the turns great.
It's a 180/65/16. Michelin doesn't make a 180/70/16 but I measured my old Bridgestone
and the difference was very slight. I got tired of changing tires twice a year. Hopefully this tire will last 10000 to 12000 miles before changes.

Attachments

• IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Thanks for posting that! I was thinking about one of these for next time as I have been running car tires. I have yet to find a motorcycle tire that will go >5k miles on the rear.

Now I did however have to get the exedra, they didn't have the max, (perhaps I shouldn't have burnt off th metz before I clarified that), but I was very disappointed.with this set

I'm running a Michelin Commander II on the front of mine... about 4,000 miles in, and not really showing significant wear. If my riding stays consistent, I imagine I'll have that tire on the front for a good while. They are supposedly rated for 20k miles or more. I doubt you'd get that with the weight of this beast, but still, 12k miles on one tire is respectable.

Back