Metzler Tyres - What a **** about

dazzybabie

.020 Over
I have finally, and i mean finally after a month of trying, managed to get a new set of metzlers fitted to my rocket.
Didnt want them avons, after hearing stories of recalled tyres, so wanted to stick on the mettys.
Started looking into tyres at the start of august before my hols and got some quotes, £290 fitted and ballanced the best i had for a pair.
When it came to actually getting the tyres, bugger me
Sold out sold out sold out.
My tyre fitter said the back tyre wasnt hard to get hold of, but a front was like chicken teeth, the only place that had one charged him a premium to get it resulting in an extra £25 on the price, thus total cost £315 for a pair.

Note to self. Save up some money and buy another set before i need them to avoid this happening again.

the story im told is because of the avon recall issue, folks are having metzlers fitted instead and hence they have sold out their lot and have made as many as they were planning to make for this year. Due to start making some more soon though.

So anyone else had this or as per normal have i been scammed?

Thoughts?
Daz

had metz rear tyre fitted at 4700 miles £136 fitted balanced and front metz 5300 miles £116 same no prob with supply by new rd services codford wiltshire ,top blokes.

I'm enjoying the Avon Cobra on the front very much. It was a bit more than the Metz, but soooo much better a tire. After 2500 miles it has yet to show any kind of wear at all. By 2500 the Metz looked like a rollercoaster on the surface with the wear bars starting to show in spots. I certainly hope you have better luck with Metzler than I ever did, I can't stand the things. :p

I have finally, and i mean finally after a month of trying, managed to get a new set of metzlers fitted to my rocket.
Didnt want them avons, after hearing stories of recalled tyres, so wanted to stick on the mettys.
Started looking into tyres at the start of august before my hols and got some quotes, £290 fitted and ballanced the best i had for a pair.
When it came to actually getting the tyres, bugger me
Sold out sold out sold out.
My tyre fitter said the back tyre wasnt hard to get hold of, but a front was like chicken teeth, the only place that had one charged him a premium to get it resulting in an extra £25 on the price, thus total cost £315 for a pair.

Note to self. Save up some money and buy another set before i need them to avoid this happening again.

the story im told is because of the avon recall issue, folks are having metzlers fitted instead and hence they have sold out their lot and have made as many as they were planning to make for this year. Due to start making some more soon though.

So anyone else had this or as per normal have i been scammed?

Thoughts?
Daz

tell me who has new front and back no recall avon and I will buy them right away cause they sure handle better than METZ in the twisties

I don't see the problem,
just get a Riken Raptor for the back and a Dunlop 404 for the front and be done with it for awhile.
No recalls either:D
I'll never go back to Metzs.

Any dealer who sells Avon tires should have non-recall Avons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most of the recall Avons were in Europe, only small handful, like 10 or so made it to the states. and by now, I would hope any dealer who had that batch in stock already took advantage of the recall. I think Snuff was one of the lucky few who ended up with one from that batch from an online order.

Like I said, I have front and rear Avons and wouldn't consider any other motorcycle tire for the Rocket.. :) They look awesome, handle great, and wear great for a motorcycle tire too..

Just put on new Metzelers front and rear. Had to wait an extra 10 days for the rear, though, it was on backorder from one of the biggest distributors we have over here. Total cost OTD, mounted and dynabead balanced was $467.:D

Back