sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Anybody try them out yet? Getting ready for a round of upgrades and was curious if anybody has tried them out yet. The Rivco risers that Tal mentioned are on the list. Kind of like that idea. Need to get the sissybar and rack powder coated again. Got a guy at work that is running a powder coat business out of his place and he is good. Plan on getting the fly screen brackets and top yoke powder coated this time. Thinking about getting the turn signals powder coated along with the rest. Semi gloss seems to be the most durable. Really need to get the pipes ceramic coated again. Just time to give the X a facelift. Been rode hard and place up wet one time too many kind of like the rider. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I have 3000 mikes on my 888 rear tire and barely looks like I have put a mile on it. They have a harder compound I. The middle and soft on the sides. Most riding miles is on highway but the tire still handles well in the trusties up in the local mountains. I keep it at 42psi and seems really happy at that pressure

9BFAA5F8-2F7A-4A53-8768-2E11FCE6D158.jpeg
3B377169-9C9E-4CC3-8FFD-87812413F064.jpeg

3127 miles and still look like new

E2FC5784-AC36-4E38-98A7-2E5CDBB8D6B8.jpeg

I think Pirelli and Metzeler are putting out some great tires these days out of there Germany plant. Been doing a lot of looking lately and nothing but good am I discovering.

I think Pirelli and Metzeler are putting out some great tires these days out of there Germany plant. Been doing a lot of looking lately and nothing but good am I discovering.
The cruisetec by Metzeler (not to change thread he asked about 888) is latest and greatest

Well i just picked up some 888’s front and rear. Cant wait to put them on and see how long they last. I got 5k out of the 880’s front and rear.

What is a chunky style of tyre for the rocket.

3 months and I have worn out a set of 880’s

Until something a lot better comes along I’ll stay with the Michelin Commander ll’s
I had the commander II’s on my thunderbird and loved them. they don't make them is the right sizes for the roadster.... it a bummer

Anybody try them out yet? Getting ready for a round of upgrades and was curious if anybody has tried them out yet. The Rivco risers that Tal mentioned are on the list. Kind of like that idea. Need to get the sissybar and rack powder coated again. Got a guy at work that is running a powder coat business out of his place and he is good. Plan on getting the fly screen brackets and top yoke powder coated this time. Thinking about getting the turn signals powder coated along with the rest. Semi gloss seems to be the most durable. Really need to get the pipes ceramic coated again. Just time to give the X a facelift. Been rode hard and place up wet one time too many kind of like the rider. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back