Messed up weather

it's incredible when some of the lakes around the DFW area were close to 20 feet down and you see no end in sight and within 2 months were within an inch and a half of the most rainfall ever recorded for year and still have a good 7 to 10 days of possible rain forecast. There was news in Midlothian which is south of Dallas that there was an earthen dam on this lake that was about to give way and go flooding across a freeway but as of the latest news it's still holding.

We floated a few cars in the Houston area, but most people with a brain are used to high water during hurricane season. We still get a few that think their Prius can ford 6' of water, but for the most part everyone is just waiting for the water to go down and start the clean up. Had 6 mallard ducks and a garden snake on the back porch this morning...all the critters are looking for higher ground. We did have dams on a couple of lakes around the state fail due to overfill (spillways were apparently insufficient to handle the rapid increase in flow)

I live on pretty high ground, so I'm not worried about flooding so much as occasional tornadoes and high winds. I am ready for it to stop raining for a good solid block, we've had a few breaks, but you can't count on leaving dry without the chance of coming back drenched as the weather seems to change on a minute by minute basis around here.

We floated a few cars in the Houston area, but most people with a brain are used to high water during hurricane season. We still get a few that think their Prius can ford 6' of water, but for the most part everyone is just waiting for the water to go down and start the clean up. Had 6 mallard ducks and a garden snake on the back porch this morning...all the critters are looking for higher ground. We did have dams on a couple of lakes around the state fail due to overfill (spillways were apparently insufficient to handle the rapid increase in flow)

When you cooking grilled duck ?
I will find a clear route your way.

So are you using the Kayak to go between the house and Shed (Shop) yet Morris, looks like i just missed out on a hell of a bit of rain there

Took a ride down to OKC last week to visit my dad. Got home yesterday, two days early because of the weather. Went down by going south through NM and across the Texas panhandle, decided to go back through Kansas this time (btw hail hurts). Managed to make my way between the storms.

Even Northern Texas is looking pretty rough. Good luck down there.

Back