MileEater

.040 Over
I removed the O2 sensor when I bought my Mad-Dogs. Ran sweet for months. I read
it was preferred to use an O2 sensor eliminator but didn't see where to buy one at the
time. I found http://www.british-customs.com/o2-sensor-eliminator.html and plugged
it in.

The Rocket wouldn't start or stay running when it did. I removed the O2 sensor eliminator
and the bike still was a disaster...

I've since twice restored the tune using TuneBoy... downloaded the tune I'd been using
for months.

It won't idle cold at all but once it warms up the ECU seems to wake up and it seems it
may run OK. It's still very messed up though.

Anyone know what's happened? Anyone correct? :)

Thanks!!!

Roy

No error messages. It successfully retrieves the ECU serial number, current tune type, etc...

The tune is based on 20050.

Thanks!
Roy

Pretty sure the rest of the wiring is OK, not disturbed. But I was busy under the tank at the same time,
so I better check for anything loose under there.
++++
Yes, TuneBoy constants are for 02 sensor removed. I think the 02 sensor eliminator "simulates" an 02 sensor
with a constant reading, so once I plugged it in I had a mismatch between the map constant and the sensor.

I'm also going to try disconnecting the battery again.

Thanks
Roy

lifted the tank again and found a vacum hose had slipped off.

What should the tune constant for the 02 sensor be when using an 02 sensor eliminator?

Thanks
Roy

Is this right? You should have the O2 sensor in service on tuneboy when you have the eliminator. I've always had it checked that it is out of service.

Back