Mercedes GL tried racing me on my Rocket ... LOL!!

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
I don't know about where you guys live, but I've noticed that where I live in Toronto, we have drivers that WILL NOT let you merge into traffic, no matter what the reason. You need to turn right at the intersection? #*&$& you. You want to merge ahead of me? #*&$ you too. You indicate your intention to merge or change lanes, those people SPEED up to prevent you from going in front of them.

So yesterday im trying to get out of my drive way onto a main street with lots and lots of traffic, no spaces between the vehicles.. so I turn onto the oncoming traffic lane (no traffic at all in that direction) and match speed, indicate to let people know I am merging in.. no... this dude in a Mercedes GL SUV is GUNNING his car, red lining the thing to prevent me from merging in front of him. So I finally change into 3rd gear.. his car is SCREAMING.. I look over at him "Are you actually trying to get in front of me when you're behind me?" we're now doing well above 120kph and he finally lets off, probably ran out of gas trying to out accelerate me.

Some people!! :roll:

We have the same problem here, no one seems the realize that vast majority of traffic around here is caused because of merge issues rather than too many cars on the road. People see a turn indicator and they think that means someone is going to steal their spot in line so they close up to the car in front of them forcing the person trying to merge to stop and wait for someone to let him/her in. This also causes people to not use turn indicators for lane changes and the like, so there's a lot of weird hesitation on the road while people are trying to determine every other drivers intent.

It's all very frustrating.

That said it's good thing he gave up before you merged. Woulda been a big problem if you got in there and he realized his brakes wouldn't stop him as quickly as he thought.

I see that all the time, most traffic slowdowns are caused by people following to closely, and trying to get all the way up and force their way in, if people kept a reasonable distance apart, traffic would just filter in and out, instead of someone hitting their brakes and causing 100 tailgating cars to hit their brakes in a chain reaction.

I've noticed that about your GTA drivers since I've been here, don't let you in, signal lights are a sign of weakness. I'm starting to miss Ottawa drivers, their just stupid, but predictable lol.

A dangerous blend of expensive f*ck you German hardware and too much Tim Hortons. Not to mention that after a long winter, Canadian cagers have forgotten that motorcyclists exist ..

In Brisbane its not too bad at all - it seems the bigger your vehicle the less likely someone will let you in. In a cage - I ALWAYS give the person who let me in front of them a wave to say thanks, and thats not just sticking my hand up so they can see it through my back window i put the drivers side window down and stick my hand out to say thanks (rain hail or shine) helps someone to feel good that another driver has taken time to thank them.
When merging it is almost an unsaid rule that you "merge in turn" like a zip..... But your always gunna get someone to upset the flow for their on gain

In Brisbane its not too bad at all - it seems the bigger your vehicle the less likely someone will let you in. In a cage - I ALWAYS give the person who let me in front of them a wave to say thanks, and thats not just sticking my hand up so they can see it through my back window i put the drivers side window down and stick my hand out to say thanks (rain hail or shine) helps someone to feel good that another driver has taken time to thank them.
When merging it is almost an unsaid rule that you "merge in turn" like a zip..... But your always gunna get someone to upset the flow for their on gain

Oh Mittzy!!! For fk sakes! Queenslanders don't know what merging is! Rude bastards!

Us Melbournians are the most courteous drivers in Aus. People will actually pull to the side just to let me through at times. Very occasionally you might get a Taxi not noticing you but they are usually very quick to apologise and move when you courteously inform them of your presence.

Oh Mittzy!!! For fk sakes! Queenslanders don't know what merging is! Rude bastards!

Us Melbournians are the most courteous drivers in Aus. People will actually pull to the side just to let me through at times. Very occasionally you might get a Taxi not noticing you but they are usually very quick to apologise and move when you courteously inform them of your presence.
That's only cos your mafia I reckon:whitstling:

Back