Menu-bike setup-service-reset doesn't seem to do anything

RhinoOK

Rocket 3R in my garge
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
At 401 miles, the stupid service wrench is now on my screen. No idea why at 401 miles, first service isn't scheduled until 600 miles. But I went into the menu and selected service and tried to reset. This doesn't do anything. The owners manual doesn't even show "reset". The salesman showed this to me as I was complaining about my Ducati and the fact that only the dealer can reset the service lights. I just ordered an OBDlink LX and have downloaded and licensed TuneECU. Sure hope I can fix it with that or I am going to be a sad panda 🤬

Needs to be cleared at the shop with their tool unfortunately.
I hope that's not true or the salesman lied. That is a deal breaker for me. It is a total PITA on my Ducati. I read on one of the TuneECU threads that someone was able to do it. I'll know tomorrow as I have an OBDlink LX on the way.

And by changing the date on the counter, it doesn't?
The service date shows todays date next year. 11/22/2022 and I cannot change it. The question still stands, what does this menu do?

I had passed the 1 year date for the overhaul and my counter indicated this key. I changed the date of the counter (a few more months) and the service key no longer appears
Have you tried this?

I had passed the 1 year date for the overhaul and my counter indicated this key. I changed the date of the counter (a few more months) and the service key no longer appears
Have you tried this?
I changed the date on the clock to February 28 2022 and it didn't help. I still have the wrench.

Back