Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Last week @Mikethepie Was coming thru town from his hometown Blenheim on his way to Ashburton where he had a date with the dyno.
We had talked a bit on the phone so i decided to head down th Ashburton on the friday morning to hook up.
Friday morning it was blowing hard Norwest and i had an interesting ride for the hour and a bit it took me to get there.Mike was at Honda Country and Andrew was fitting the PCV.
Both Mike and i were entertained with his ride getting put thru the rev range and coming out the other end running smooth as and bubbling a nice 141hp at the rear wheel!.
We came home a different route and stopped at Methven for a coffee and a snack b4 enjoying the rest of the trip home to mine.After a short stop, Mike the continued his ride home....probably another 300 clicks.
It was great to meet him and like they say "The world is full of friends you haven't met yet".

For the Record...Mike is the good looking one with no hair!
20190201_120100.jpg
20190201_120025.jpg

Last week @Mikethepie Was coming thru town from his hometown Blenheim on his way to Ashburton where he had a date with the dyno.
We had talked a bit on the phone so i decided to head down th Ashburton on the friday morning to hook up.
Friday morning it was blowing hard Norwest and i had an interesting ride for the hour and a bit it took me to get there.Mike was at Honda Country and Andrew was fitting the PCV.
Both Mike and i were entertained with his ride getting put thru the rev range and coming out the other end running smooth as and bubbling a nice 141hp at the rear wheel!.
We came home a different route and stopped at Methven for a coffee and a snack b4 enjoying the rest of the trip home to mine.After a short stop, Mike the continued his ride home....probably another 300 clicks.
It was great to meet him and like they say "The world is full of friends you haven't met yet".

20190201_120100.jpg
20190201_120025.jpg

Great to see a bit of mateship on the road but while you were eating your bike was being rooted by a Dalek! @Tal. ;):D:roll::roll::roll:

Ha ha...i see the the Dr Who dalek now...didnt think of it when i pulled up...
I think Mike is cultivating on his chin what grows wild on his arse!....he's a real nice fella!
Methven is a small town and close to "Mt Hutt" skifield so gets busy in the winter. They have Motorcycle street races there every year too and unfortunately last year a young lad was killed after going straight ahead into a huge hay bale and landing on the concrete...The meeting was abandoned.
Mt-Hutt-Ski-Area-©-nzski.com-Methven-Mt-Hutt-Guide-NZ-05.jpg

The-Dubliner-Methven-Mountain-Thunder-2017-33.jpg

20190201_120100.jpg
20190201_120025.jpg

Gawd, but I hate peeps that park the wrong way on the wrong side of the street!!!
best-devil.gif

20190201_120100.jpg
20190201_120025.jpg
...and you forgot to mention I was standing in a hole at the time, or am I just short perhaps, lol.
As for the lack of hair, its just a solar pannel for a sex machine!
Great to meet up with you Tal, top man.
Both @Tal and @phar2slo (who I hope to meet at the WATOC rally Hanmer Springs) have gone above and beyond to help out a fellow R3 pilot, Tal not only came down to the dyno run but also sold me a rear tyre which are like gold dust here in NZ at present and gave me a bottle of his bloody lovely blackcurrant wine. @phar2slo carted a set of panniers all the way back from his holiday in Aus for me!
Gentlemen and scholars!

20190201_120100.jpg
20190201_120025.jpg

Back