Mean Lean Angles

hombre

Nitrous
BSTs and sticky Pirelli Diablos go all the way over... to the surprise of trailing Jap bikes. :roll:

the edge

so,
how is it being so far over 'the edge' ? scary & happy at the same time,i suppose.
does the tire feel neutral or loose in that zone ? i don't know very many who go there for very long, including myself. i start thinking about too many things that can go awry instead of enjoying the moment. guess i need to work on my concentration and focus:D.

greg

Not scary at all, but extremely satisfying! The tires both feel neutral all the way down. I can lean her over either side with just one hand on the bars. She's amazingly balanced and easy to control... just don't go WOT at maximum lean (she will break loose)! :eek:

the edge

My take on extreme lean angles is it's OK so long as the road surface is conducive to that type of riding. A little loose gravel, an oil spot, even a dog turd will cause you untold grief and severe gravel rash.:D

so very true,flip,so very true.. exhilaration can come with a heavy price. but then......:D
who among us never goes there?

greg

no heat in that tire. You can do that in a parking lot @ 15mph.

Me showing others the experienced riders course for MSF students @ about 10mph. :D

That's the hose to my sneaky leaker. Sometimes I don't have time to stop and potty. I just go on the go (also stops people from tail gating....the second time) :)

Back