MC Cruise control anyone

ponters

254 RWHP Lush Racing Engine
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster
ay fellas,

I've decided not to install the MCCruise i bought.

It's meant to be the best option going in cruise control but given the amount of gear, mods and extras I'm running Ive decided not install more stuff.

I might regret it but Im offering my new, never installed MC Cruise to anyone that might be keen.

Here is the link to what it is. If you're keen PM me

http://www.mccruise.com/collections/triumph/products/38

I went ahead and ordered mine; should be here this next week. Need the with-cannister version that moves the vacuum servo to the right side.

On my last bike I installed a cruise control kit that was designed for a car. Pepboys was clearing out these Audiovox units for $30. Had a very nice lighted control panel and had all the wiring so that it kicked off when the brake light went on or if you pulled in the clutch. Controlled the speed via engine vacuum. The only issue I had with the unit was that as it was designed for a car the motorcycle engine did not have enough vacuum but a smart guy on the forum for that bike designed a PVC vacuum tank that I was able to build that fixed that issue (surging).

My McCruise kit . . . I received notice of it being shipped on 2 September, with the caution to "allow a few days for the shipping information to show in the tracking data". Today, the 4th, the kit is here. Impressive around the world performance.

Goal is to get this on after the "500 mile" service, and before our scheduled two-up ride to the Smokies the second weekend in October (a holiday here - Columbus Day).

Mount it a week or two before so you can test it out well before, adding new major farkles before a long trip is a recipe for disaster. :)

Started last weekend, had to take a break for the work week, and restarted this morning. Had a few adjustments to make, and discovered the dealer took a shortcut when installing the Avon heated grips. If you're interested -- the heat controller replaces the switch block cap; trouble is, the controller is thicker than the stock cap, and while that would not be a problem for any one of us, who would immediately realize that slightly longer cap screws would be needed, the dealer service guy reused the original cap screws, which having only a few threads' purchase, stripped the soft aluminum of the switch block, holding only long enough for me to disturb it and fail. i went to the nearby Lowes and purchased two different lengths of the M6x1.0 cap screws. I had to use a tap to repair the threads, and put everything back together.

According to the instructions that come with the kit, the computer "should" be calibrated for the bike for which it is intended. Sure enough, out on the interstate, push the SET button and the cruise control took over with almost no perceptible change. BINGO

As others have noted, this is a pricey kit. If you have to go any distance at all, and spend more than an hour or two in the saddle, (and of course, within one's means), this kit should be considered.

And to Cr0ft, today marks two weeks before our intended trip to a North Carolina gathering -- sage advice -- thank you.

Just goes to show that even good dealers don't always go the extra mile when it comes to getting a 100% result - "meh, good enough, they'll never notice" is sadly still a thing. Congrats on the cruise, though, I'm envious now. I did (attempted) an Iron Butt a few months ago and it was doable with a throttle rocker - but it sure would have been easier with the mccruise.

Back