max rear tire for r3 roadster 2012 ??

mekaa

Standard Bore
Ride
triumph rocket 3 roadster 2012
Please i need the advice for the maximum size for rear tire for my triumph r3 roadster 2012 because i want to go wider on the stock swing arm ?
& if the swing arm can be customized or not , & if yes what will be the tire size ?!

Seen one with a 280/40(?) 18 rear, had to modify the swing arm, at least on the propshaft side. Not sure you could go any wider than that

Hello Mekaa and welcome from Virginia. I saw your post on FaceBook too. Have you considered going "darkside" meaning a car tire on the rear. You will get a much bigger contact patch when riding upright if that is what you are concerned with. Looks are a matter of opinion but here on this site is a whole area discussing the virues and determents of darkside bikes. http://www.r3owners.net/forums/the-dark-side.29/
I hope that helps brother.

Short answer is you can't go wider unless you're going to spend mega bucks on re-engineering the swing arm and drive shaft. Then of course then very expensive job of getting probably a custom made rear wheel. Plus I'm with @1olbull , why???
If you have done ANY research at all you would know that there is no wider tyre than the three 240 x 16 options available. Only Metzler, Avon and Bridgestone make motorcycle tyres in that size (Bridgestone is higher profile and actually looks to be a tiny bit wider). Failing that, and if you have no regard for safety or handling (or if you're just plain cheap), you could try a 245 x 16 car tyre, although depending on brand and profile you could have clearance issues. You can spend mega bucks and get an 18" wheel but you will not fit anything fatter than a 240 inside the stock swing arm.

Back