Massive weight loss

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
I took all the bag and passenger related components off my bike a couple nights ago, and weighed them up.
Bag frame and hitch- 40 lbs
Bags-. 31 lbs
Passenger footboards-8.5 lbs
Passenger backrest
and rack-. 12.5 lbs
Windshield assembly-. 12 lbs
Chrome covers 2 lbs
_________
106 lbs

Add in the 40 lbs I lost myself, and I probably gained the equivalent of 50 hp. The difference is amazing, from rocking off the kickstand, backing out of the garage, low speed turns, not a small thing, it felt really strange, like a different bike.
And I buried the speedometer twice, at 120 mph, no high speed weave, first time since I owned the bike. But the riding position is tough at 120+, basically I call it the crucifiction position, the bars are so wide, my boulevard peak flyscreen is in NY, not sure how much it would help. And the air got pretty thin for a COPD sufferer, it created a vacuum in my helmet, I could feel the difference in breathing. Might leave it all off until Utah, my wife almost never rides.

IMG_20200227_155356973.jpg
IMG_20200226_114310229.jpg
IMG_20200228_093024190.jpg

Last edited:
I bet the Carpenter pipes save 20+ lbs off the stock exhaust, too. I also got the chrome embellisher off one side cover so far, pretty tedious and slow process, lots of WD-40 and a plastic putty knife, so I can install Arthur's Carpenter Racing emblems.

Boy that rear fender sticks out a long way with the bags missing. I think I like it better with the bags installed, power loss and all, but that's just my opinion.....

Has anyone trimmed the fender on the Touring for bag-less riding?

Have fun!

Boy that rear fender sticks out a long way with the bags missing. I think I like it better with the bags installed, power loss and all, but that's just my opinion.....

Has anyone trimmed the fender on the Touring for bag-less riding?

Have fun!

I know, and the rear tail light looks ridiculous without the bags. Just an experiment, probably temporary.

Back