Maryland British & European Motorcycle Show

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I just wasn't sure where to post this so thought the RAA forum might be OK.

I'll be heading back to Maryland this month to attend the 15th Annual British and European bike show to be held on May 21st. This is the successor to the very famous Olney, MD Brit bike show that I attended throughout the 90s while stationed in Virginia. I will be riding my son's 2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer and he his other bike, a nicel tricked out VStrom DL1000. IDK will be joining us as well as some old Virginia riding friends that I haven't seen for over 15 years. One of them, Irish Robert, still rides an old rat 60s vintage Bonnie. Below is a link to the event:

British & European Classic Motorcycle Day

Attending this will probably help me to get excited about restoring the rest of my old Brit bikes that lay awaiting in parts. I brought back some of my son's Rocket parts to have them refinished and chatted with the tech about powder coating my frames.

If anyone wants to hook up at the event please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers.

Looking forward to it, but it is on May 22nd, so don't turn up on Saturday. ;)

Looking forward to it, but it is on May 22nd, so don't turn up on Saturday. ;)

Yes it is; May 22st. Typo. I arrive on Thursday and Friday Eric and I have to get that broken TORs exhaust bracket welded so that we can reinstall it. I have his heat shields at the powder coating shop and will bring them back in my suitcase. Do you know of any independent welding shops in the area?

Last edited:
I just wasn't sure where to post this so thought the RAA forum might be OK.
I'll be heading back to Maryland this month to attend the 15th Annual British and European bike show to be held on May 21st. This is the successor to the very famous Olney, MD Brit bike show that I attended throughout the 90s while stationed in Virginia. I will be riding my son's 2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer and he his other bike, a nicel tricked out VStrom DL1000. IDK will be joining us as well as some old Virginia riding friends that I haven't seen for over 15 years. One of them, Irish Robert, still rides an old rat 60s vintage Bonnie. Below is a link to the event:
British & European Classic Motorcycle Day
Attending this will probably help me to get excited about restoring the rest of my old Brit bikes that lay awaiting in parts. I brought back some of my son's Rocket parts to have them refinished and chatted with the tech about powder coating my frames.
If anyone wants to hook up at the event please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers.

Sounds like a great adventure!
You already know because he visited you, not me on his ride out west. :rolleyes: :roll:
IDK is a stand-up CITIZEN! :thumbsup:

@Navigator, sorry, I don't know any, but I imagine that there would be a few along Rt40 north of 695 as that is HD country.

@Navigator, sorry, I don't know any, but I imagine that there would be a few along Rt40 north of 695 as that is HD country.

There is an independent MC shop in Bel Air where Eric had a new rear tire installed. I suggested he call them and if they can't do it, to get a recommendation.

Bull, yes and it was a memorable visit. IDK got a lot of miles on his Rocket. Imagine riding across country to buy a new piano tuning tool. :)

Well hi there stranger. Guess I've been sleeping, hadn't noticed that you'd resurfaced. Glad to see you're still kicking.

I should be in town that Sunday and if MOD can get my bike fixed by then, I just might show up.

Well hi there stranger. Guess I've been sleeping, hadn't noticed that you'd resurfaced. Glad to see you're still kicking.

Still trying to hold off old age Harry but doing fine.

I hope you can make it Boog. It should be a grand show.

Back