MAR 2010: Looking for best price on REAR Avon Cobra

REGULATOR

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 RIII
Anyone else been searchign the net for prices?

I will be needing a new rear tire when I return from my trip, and want to go ahead and order it so its waiting at the house for me.

HEY I"LL TAKE A DECENT PRICE ON A METZ now cause I might want to wait a bit on an avon... going to order in the next 48 hours

front is still good, but my rear is pretty much flat on the bottom after my trip to oklahoma last year..

I've decided to give the avons a try.

now just need to find a place that has them for a decent price.

I remove and install them myself on a car tire machine.

let me know if you have found a decent price, I'll try to compile some prices from various sources and post as I search ( with dates)

Last edited by a moderator:
SO far Tire express (251.16) and Moto X at 256.91 are the cheaest shipped prices..

shocked that some places want over 300 dollars!!

anybody have any good leads? want to order this tire now and have it waiting for me at home..

I just cant seem to do it... when the metz is flat on the bottom it feels like the whoel bike is a heavy leaden beast that doesnt want to turn as it is.. I cant imagine how bad that would be with a car tire...

maybe someday.. looks cool !

REGULATOR said:
I just cant seem to do it... when the metz is flat on the bottom it feels like the whoel bike is a heavy leaden beast that doesnt want to turn as it is.. I cant imagine how bad that would be with a car tire...

maybe someday.. looks cool !

I don't know, I'm tired of the feeling that the Metz is slipping on me when I bank hard into a turn. I want to go Darkside this summer. Unless there's really a better motorcycle tire out there....

the only time I had the metz slip was on acceleration and braking

hoping the avon cobras holds up a bit better...

car tire looks cool, its just going to be a tough sell to try one for me..

but thats another thread... I'm looking for the best shipped price for an avon cobra before I order it

Definitly not geting the slower one...

juts trying to make sure I look around before I order, seems some tire places want 300+ for it, and others are in the 250-275 range

Ok maybe I need to ask who knows of the best price shipped on a new Metzler? might have to go onemore round with the metz before switching to avon or darkside.

cheapest ive found is 215.

Back