JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I heard on the radio that maps are now heading into the realm of collectibles as cell phones with GPS and stand alone GPS units slowly replace the paper map. Your thoughts ?

• I like maps because that is what I am used to.
  • GPS does include updated info, maps sometimes don't.
  • Paper is good and usually will not fail.
  • GPS may fail electrically and software and if satellite is down.......
  • Government can shut down GPS, not maps.
  • I have followed folks with GPS that went way out of the way and missed turns.
  • Can you concentrate while listening to a GPS?
  • Pros and Cons ?

Paper maps are the thing to have. GPS and technology can fail from the suns birkeland currents or EMP's.
Ever notice how your car radio has more static on a normally clear station. Multiply that by 10 and you have failure in many devices.

Other than that, GPS can send you on roads not ment for bikes or large trucks.;)

I hear you Glen along with the maps we are losing hundreds of other used to be daily items here are a few that my wee brain can think off
pay Phones
Yellow Pages
CB Radios
VCR and DVDS
Film Cameras
Working on modern cars
Hand Beater (kitchen appliance you perverts)

As the great Bob Zimmerman said the times they are a changing

I hear you Glen along with the maps we are losing hundreds of other used to be daily items here are a few that my wee brain can think off
pay Phones
Yellow Pages
CB Radios
VCR and DVDS
Film Cameras
Working on modern cars

Wrist watches and clocks in general, remembering phone numbers, making change in our head, talking to a real person on a business phone, riding a bicycle without a head protector, eating home cooked meals and sitting in a public place talking to a stranger about anything.

Wrist watches and clocks in general, remembering phone numbers, making change in our head, talking to a real person on a business phone, riding a bicycle without a head protector, eating home cooked meals and sitting in a public place talking to a stranger about anything.

Number two pencils
Mimeograph machines
Pencil sharpeners
Drinking fountains
Typewriters
Portable radios
A spare tire in a new car
Common sense
common decency
Manners
A well behaved child in public
A well behaved parent in public
Kick starter on a bike larger than a 500

pay Phones
Yellow Pages
CB Radios
VCR and DVDS
Film Cameras
Working on modern cars

Aye, but I am going to hit REVERSE starting Friday and you may come up if kilted and we can blast bagpipes off the mountain for all to hear. Paper it is, the GPS is for the adventure riding crowd. Thanks guys. I saw a pay phone in Asheville with grafitti, no dial tone. I want a 1968 Ford F-100 with vent windows, no AC, a dimmer switch in the floor board, points that I have to gap, a carb and a generator.

I got a truck like that . He's a 78 model but he never leaves me on the side of the road. Just pet him and talk to him and he keeps on going. I love my truck:) Everyone is always trying to buy him but I tell them I've only had him 12 years and I haven't gotten my 200 bucks worth out of him yet

Back