manufacturers weight fork oil

Powder Monkey

.060 Over
Anyone know what trumpy put in? Wanting to put my new springs in and maybe go up a weight in fork oil too for less squishiness - btw that's a very technical term!!

Powder Monkey

.060 Over
Jeeze I'm gobsmacked. Loads a people talking about changing their fork oil to this n that I'd have thought someone would know what the manufacturers spec is?

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I put 15 wt in mine. I think this is more for the knee dragging type as I find the ride a bit harse now. I'll change back to 5 wt eventually. It's a lot of $hit to go through to just change the oil. :mad:

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I put 15 wt in mine. I think this is more for the knee dragging type as I find the ride a bit harse now. I'll change back to 5 wt eventually. It's a lot of $hit to go through to just change the oil. :mad:
I'm pretty sure that when I put Progressives in they used 15 w. I don't know about knuckle dragging but the point of stiffer springs is to keep the front end from diving when you brake hard, which the earlier Rockets did.

bigdoug

Supercharged
I just got 15wt oil in my forks but don't know what was in to start with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock