Emiel

.020 Over
Ride
R3R
I notice burn marks on the manilfold between cilinders 1-2 and 2-3 on my GT. Anyone seen this? anyone has an explanation? anything to worry about?
4,000km on the clock.

IMG-1115.JPG
IMG-1116.JPG

I saw a few new R3s at the dealership in Philadelphia this afternoon and they all had those heat marks. It must be a standard feature, although not one I like.

Updates from the dealer:
This morning:
"Just an update, triumph will be replacing the header and gaskets all under warranty.
They have not given an explanation as to how that could have happened"
This evening:
"The above prior has been rejected. We have reviewed this concern with our quality and manufacturing teams and have confirmed that this discoloured patch is normal consequence of the production process and is acceptable.
If the customer is dissatisfied with the appearance then it can be improved with a few minutes polishing with a Scotch-Brite pad or similar, as per the below example."
questionable approach to say the least....

anyone has a similar experience?

Updates from the dealer:
This morning:
"Just an update, triumph will be replacing the header and gaskets all under warranty.
They have not given an explanation as to how that could have happened"
This evening:
"The above prior has been rejected. We have reviewed this concern with our quality and manufacturing teams and have confirmed that this discoloured patch is normal consequence of the production process and is acceptable.
If the customer is dissatisfied with the appearance then it can be improved with a few minutes polishing with a Scotch-Brite pad or similar, as per the below example."
questionable approach to say the least....

anyone has a similar experience?
So the manufacturer leaves a spotweld burn mark uncleaned . Piss poor Quality Control . They are right if its not burn to deap to cause plastic deformation (low spots from the weld head not being set right) it will polish up. Were I worked we made lots of food service equipment out of stainless steel polishing and match the stainless finish is normal. The monkey on the production line and the QA need some more training or should be promoted to a janitor.

Back