Man I Wish it was SUMMER!!!

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Winter brings that love hate relationship to us Northerners.... Love the dry cold climate and outdoor activities..... Also hate the cold climate and outdoor activities.....

IMG_1679[1].JPG
IMG_1678[1].JPG

But most of all, miss riding the beast. Come on Summer!!!!!
IMG_20150926_130522.jpg

IMG_20150926_122937.jpg

If you spend a bunch of money on your bike and only ride it on sunny weekends when you're not mowing or something else then you.dont ride as much as Jay, Wendy, Mulley and I do. We saddle em up and ride em in the rain. That road looks too flat a d straight. Needs to be a light tree on one.end of it.

73 here tomorrow but cold front moving in. Low 60s and rain for Thursday and Friday. Think I should put the Rocket on a battery tender for the two days? I hate the off season too.

and that mess right there is about the only reason I wouldn't move back up to Timmins, great to visit in summer, and winter can be fun, but the riding season is way to short, the Empire hotel is no longer the den of iniquity it used to be, (ah good times) that and I swear each year the roads are getting worse up there.
where was that picture taken, that house across the street looks familiar

Last edited:
Frosty,

I totally agree with you about the mess winter brings when you consider the snow, sleet and cold weather you can have. You guys have quite the mess in winter also, only it doesn't last as long. That picture was taken on Tamarack street in the north end.

If you love the winter outdoors such as skiing (downhill and cross country ), snowmobiling, skating, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hockey etc etc etc, it's great. If you consider the summer months.... it's phenomenal. Apart from riding, the cottage takes up a lot of our time. We have too many lakes to count and our family has capitalized on this. Numerous cottages which lend themselves to fishing, water skiing, swimming, roasting marshmallows with the grandkids and just plain relaxing. Apart from that, I do agree with the sad condition of our roads. Attribute that to the deep frost that destroys the road base. Roads don't last long in Northern Ontario.
IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1518[1].JPG

When the wife and I were younger, we as a family (4 boys) were heavily involved in downhill skiing. Never got them into hockey. As we got older, the cold weather activities weren't appreciated as much and summer was liked a lot more. The one thing I hate about winter is the inability to ride. That might change. This winter we will be spending a few months in Florida. We have officially become "Snow Birds".

Back