Make A Wish Foundation

Big Marty

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
G'day Captains;

Have made contact with the Make A wish Foundation bloody good bunch of people.

At this stage hold on to your cash!!!!!!!!

Will be sent the official application to advise them of our ride event and willingness to raise money for them. It has to be approved and accepted by the Make A Wish Foundation before we can use their name in any form of promotion or fundraising.

How Ever when that approval has been given they will supply us with a registration number to ensure all our donations are identified to us.

Also they will do the following,

Nationally promote event on their website, publications, provide tax deductible receipts, plus lots more. I have included the web address for every one to have a look at, and this is where a helper will be required. Great cause and they do great work

http://www.makeawish.org.au

Application will be lodged this week and I will post all feedback and links to information they supply.

G'day Captains;

I know I haven't been around a while but don't worry haven't given up or deserted the ship, but a couple of health problems go the better of me for a while.

Red hot tip for you all; don't **** with diabetes it bites you back real hard 250 units insulin per day, plus tablets to get it under control.

Even trying to give up smoking, couldn't breathe & believe me was trying. Got a good doctor lung scans, ultra sound, then high definition CT scan.

Like all smokers have the onset of emphysema and bronchial scaring that looks like a bloody road map. Discovered that this has all lead to a asthma that traps air in the lungs, hence can't breathe.

Needless to say a bit of a serious wake up call do something now or let things escalate worse and end up not having the opportunity to do anything. Bit of a no brainer really, trying to stop smoking, have to lose 40kg.

Now time to pick up the pieces and get things moving again with our rocket muster.

My apologies to all Marty.

I was wondering how you were going. Good to have you back. Plenty of guys on here will suppport you all the way with the smoking thing. If you can go cold turkey, well and good, but if not, don't be afraid to sing out for help. As for losing weight, I know you'll have been told to watch your diet but you also gotta get active. Not much (at first) but the first steps are the hardest. Take it slow and it WILL happen.

Since this is the make a wish thread,
I wish you the best, do whatever you need to do to stay healty :)

G'day Captains;

I know I haven't been around a while but don't worry haven't given up or deserted the ship, but a couple of health problems go the better of me for a while.

Red hot tip for you all; don't **** with diabetes it bites you back real hard 250 units insulin per day, plus tablets to get it under control.

Even trying to give up smoking, couldn't breathe & believe me was trying. Got a good doctor lung scans, ultra sound, then high definition CT scan.

Like all smokers have the onset of emphysema and bronchial scaring that looks like a bloody road map. Discovered that this has all lead to a asthma that traps air in the lungs, hence can't breathe.

Needless to say a bit of a serious wake up call do something now or let things escalate worse and end up not having the opportunity to do anything. Bit of a no brainer really, trying to stop smoking, have to lose 40kg.

Now time to pick up the pieces and get things moving again with our rocket muster.

My apologies to all Marty.

Hey big fella, have been getting off the smokes myself and found reading "STOP SMOKING NOW" by Allen Carr, really a lot more helpful than I would have thought reading a book could be. NOt much of a reader myself but anything that helps get you off nicotine is worth a crack. If you are interested in getting a copy but can't find one up at the bay, let me know and i'll post one up to you as a gift.

I've been smoking 27 years and am surprised how much better you feel within a couple of weeks of no smoking. Hope you feel the same.

Now, losing 40kg, hope you do and hope i don't find them...

Getting on with organising stuff...let us know if any of us can help.

Marty,
glad you caught everything before it was to late to do anything about it.
best healthy wishes for being able to quit smoking and cut back on the caloric intake.
Good luck.

Hey Marty,
I hear you brother, I gave up the smokes 12 years ago now, best health thing i ever did. My Tip, I went on the patches for the first week then went cold turkey for the rest. Whenever I felt like a smoke I would go for a quick walk around the block, helps to forget the cravings also gets ya moving.
Now I have just got to work on the 30 Kg of extra weight:(, but i am keen, I know i can lose the fat cos i lost 16kg 2 years ago, and felt fantastic for it. Losing the weight I and loads of excersise can also cure diabetes i am told.
Just think how much faster the R3 will be 40 kgs lighter!!!!!!!! And avoiding the limb amputations will keep you on the bike. I am going to lose my extra before I get to the diabetes stage.:D Plus the missus would enjoy the extra cos IT does seem to get bigger (longer):D:D:D

Hey man glad to hear you are geting it under control I know the feeling I'm working on getting the rest of mine off, for a total of 200 pounds the last 50 is "Hell". If it tastes good you have to spit it out and doesn't it just drive you crazy seeing all these little skinny people eating all of the pie in their you sit with your mouthwatering enjoy all the chicken :eek:

Back