Jeremy Holm

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
I've been looking all over for an official detailed maintenance schedule for my R3T. The dealer did a **** job last time and charged me way too much. I'm going to have a good friend who is an excellent motorcycle mechanic do it for me but I'm having a hard time finding the full maintenance schedule for 30K. Can anyone get me to the right resource so I can get this job done? Riding season is getting close
Thanks

Having a excellent bike mechanic is nice problem the Rocket is not the norm. But a Manuel from hermy"s helps. You ride the beast you pay. You ride the beast and learn how to work on it and with it the rewards are outstanding. Do not expect dealer support. You want that buy A Harley or one of those funny looking other bikes. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Buy a Manuel.( 2015 X 50,000 miles)

Last edited:
Having a excellent bike mechanic is nice problem the Rocket is not the norm. But a Manuel from hermy"s helps. You ride the beast you pay. You ride the beast and learn how to work on it and with it the rewards are outstanding. Do not expect dealer support. You want that buy A Harley or one of those funny looking other bikes. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Buy a Manuel.( 2015 X 50,000 miles)

Or ride over to Pensacola FL where D&D are an excellent Triumph dealership and excellent mechanics.

JH, do you have any interest in doing any of the work yourself? Not everyone likes working on their bike, but I think it's good to take a crack at it. I've got a good dealer, but the services are expensive.

I agree about buying (or downloading) a manual and tackling some of the basic service at least. Nearly anyone can do fluids, plugs, filters, and cables if they have a manual, basic tools, and take the time. The most challenging (for me) is checking/adjusting valves--I hate shims. But it saves money and always feels good when bike doesn't blow up after I've worked on it!

JH, do you have any interest in doing any of the work yourself? Not everyone likes working on their bike, but I think it's good to take a crack at it. I've got a good dealer, but the services are expensive.

I agree about buying (or downloading) a manual and tackling some of the basic service at least. Nearly anyone can do fluids, plugs, filters, and cables if they have a manual, basic tools, and take the time. The most challenging (for me) is checking/adjusting valves--I hate shims. But it saves money and always feels good when bike doesn't blow up after I've worked on it!

Doesn’t come back scratched too and correctly torqued...

This may be one of the latest. It is from 2013, after the valves were moved from 10K to 20K. I tried to attach the full document but you can't do PDFs to the forum. If you need it PM me and I will email it.

bob
upload_2019-3-23_11-44-11.png

This may be one of the latest. It is from 2013, after the valves were moved from 10K to 20K. I tried to attach the full document but you can't do PDFs to the forum. If you need it PM me and I will email it.

bob
upload_2019-3-23_11-44-11.png

The links in my post above will be the pdf file for this one and the one for after 40,000 miles.

Back