Main bearing issue

Whippet

.020 Over
Ride
Roadster
Hi guys, just in the process of rebuilding a rocket engine, ordered the correct main bearing shells according to crank journal od and crankcase id, fitted them, torque and degrees main bolts. Problem started.. crank tight to turn, removed everything and double checked journals, crank okay, checked crankcase.. found 3 of the 4 mains the same size and then measured the main bearing that the crank uses as a end float cap to find its slightly smaller than the rest.. what to do ?? I an using red shells.

If the rear was different yet still in their limits I would suspect it had a different color shell. Although m8ne were all the same. I see know reason a odd color can't be used as long as it meets the clearance specifications. Were the old shells red ?

If the rear was different yet still in their limits I would suspect it had a different color shell. Although m8ne were all the same. I see know reason a odd color can't be used as long as it meets the clearance specifications. Were the old shells red ?
I believe so, as i have only found 2 in the pile of bits. Pretty sure the red shells are the thinnest ?

Back