Magnetic Union Jack Tank Decals

Racknid

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R
I ordered Union Jack tank decals from Lamonster, but wasn't so sure I could commit to sticking anything new on the bike when I'd just finished removing the safety stickers.

Got the idea to try turning them into magnets so I could attach/remove/swap when I felt like it.

Ordered large magnetic sheets from Amazon, stuck the decals on the sheet and cut around the perimeter with a heavy pair of scissors.

The edges needed a little clean up with a utility blade in spots. Mostly because the magnetic sheet had a bright white front face and even a fraction of millimeter past the decal edge was noticeable.

I then went around the perimeter with a black Sharpie to cut down on any reflection from the tank when they are attached.

I know there are similar decals without the mirror image issues, I'd expect this would work just as well with them.

20210601_203220.jpg 20210601_203413.jpg 20210601_204728.jpg

Great idea! I think the black ones look great on a black bike. Be careful though to not scratch the paint if they come on and off frequently, or if they can move around just a little when attached.

Great idea! I think the black ones look great on a black bike. Be careful though to not scratch the paint if they come on and off frequently, or if they can move around just a little when attached.

No issues so far. The magnetic sheets from Amazon were intended to stick on the side of a car and are pretty soft/pliable.

Had the black ones on all day today, they held tight up to ~90mph.

I'll definitely make sure both the tank and magnets are very clean whenever putting them on.

Back