Madstad Windscreen

I love the madstadt adjustable system but no so much the straight shield itself. I had a shield off of ebay from Poland that was 3" taller than the madstadt 20" and has a flip at the top. This works perfectly for me. I had to buy some grommets to make it fit properly and I reused the aluminum fittings on the windshield itself which I think look pretty good. I'll add a pic when I get a chance.

I love the madstadt adjustable system but no so much the straight shield itself. I had a shield off of ebay from Poland that was 3" taller than the madstadt 20" and has a flip at the top. This works perfectly for me. I had to buy some grommets to make it fit properly and I reused the aluminum fittings on the windshield itself which I think look pretty good. I'll add a pic when I get a chance.
I got the max size. Hopefully it will work well.

5’9” tall, have the 18” model. Does well enough to keep the wind from hitting me square in the chest area. Haven’t noticed too much buffeting, but I’m guessing helmet selection might have some factor in that as well, I’m using a Shoei GT Air II for reference. Tried it on multiple settings and was able to find one that worked well enough. Windshield is pretty solid, as are the mounts, which are very well engineered, but doesn’t do it for me as far as flowing with the looks of the bike. Over longer rides, not having to constantly fight the wind is definitely cut down by the windshield, which can translate to less fatigue over the course of a ride. Just picked up a bike with better wind protection for longer rides though, so I might be more easily persuaded into parting with mine and using the R3 for shorter jaunts. Also have an R3R versus a R3GT, so the seating position also probably factors in to the experience.

I have their screen plus lowers for my Tri Speedmaster. Better than the OEM screen fot the Bonnie. I think what is worth mentioning is sizing. Mad offered three different screen sizes for the Bonnie and I ordered up a size based on my height (5'9") and if I could do it over I would have ordered the biggest size. I still would have been looking over, not through, the screen at the lowest setting. At full highway speed, I need the screen at the top of the adjustable height to minimize buffeting.

Not sure how this translates to the Rocket just trying to relate my experience with their product on a different bike. Cheers.

Clearview Shields recommends screen height based on being able to see over the screen to a point on the road 50’ in front of the bike. The top of the shield comes up to about the tip of your nose. This should direct the air over your helmet. This isn’t necessarily going to eliminate turbulence, which can be caused by a lot of things.

I'm happy with the test ride of the madstad. I'm 6'1", put shield all the way up and slanted outward. Hwy speed 85-90 indicated, very comfortable. Some wind swirling around but no pressure or force. No buffeting. Powerbronze had some shoulder pressure. Tappered design is the cause I'm sure. Madstad much more stable screen at high speed with windy gusts. Powerbronze too many parts, moving so much with gusts.

Last edited:
Back