Machine Brake Rotors

Rock It

I love to ride
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi, I have a noticeable front end shutter at high speed when I brake heavily. I'm thinking the rotors need machining and wondering who machines rotors in Adelaide South Australia? Or it better to just replace the rotors with new ones?

Suggest you read this thread I posted a few weeks ago. Front Rotor Freeplay Concern . @John Miller in post #4, explained how he corrected his problem similar to yours by cleaning up the brake rotor floating buttons by spinning them with a drill using brake cleaning fluid. This will allow the friction portion of the rotor too float on the inner hub portion truing up any misalignment.

Suggest you read this thread I posted a few weeks ago. Front Rotor Freeplay Concern . @John Miller in post #4, explained how he corrected his problem similar to yours by cleaning up the brake rotor floating buttons by spinning them with a drill using brake cleaning fluid. This will allow the friction portion of the rotor too float on the inner hub portion truing up any misalignment.
Thanks read it but couldn't see anything about using a drill. I've asked him a question to see if he can explain how he got behind the buttons to remove grit.

I've looked online and all I can find so far are ones from the UK. Where did you get yours from?
Dealer had Metalgear rotors on the shelf - from memory just under $200 each. The OEM's were somewhere around $300 each.

If I had more time I would have ordered EBC rotors too see how they went.

Dealer had Metalgear rotors on the shelf - from memory just under $200 each. The OEM's were somewhere around $300 each.

If I had more time I would have ordered EBC rotors too see how they went.
Another Brisbane, Queensland Aussie R3 part manufacturer :cool: đź‘Ť:

@Turk is impressed with reports about pads and is buying them and their discs too.

Back