Luggage racks...

Laverada

2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Been looking all over for a luggage rack that would fit over rear fender. In my case I want the biggest one possible. I've seen the little dinky ones on the back seat rear but I need something to strap a tent and sleeping bag to.

Any info would help thanks!

Have you got the standard sissy bar and rack? If so,I just made a rectangle aluminium plate that bolts on top of the rack with slots in it for straps and add it when I'm going on a trip.

I see you have an R3R, my R3T has plenty of room for all that. I know that doesn't help you but I do like what @Buzzo said and have seen it on other bikes working just fine.
En route Sturgis 2014.jpg

Have you got the standard sissy bar and rack? If so,I just made a rectangle aluminium plate that bolts on top of the rack with slots in it for straps and add it when I'm going on a trip.
Do you have a picture of this by chance?

IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2386.JPG

G'day. I'm going to try and put a few pictures up. Don't hold your breath I'm not good with computers.

I have K-Drive saddle bags for touring and though some find the brackets ugly when not using the bags I like to use them as tie down points as well. All my bags are the roll top type, I use them when flying to work and on both bikes. I like that they are fully waterproof and the bag is always tight when adding and taking out clothes by adjusting the amount of rolls to close.
I think the biggest one on the pillion seat is the 40litre from Black Wolf it holds all I need for touring. Tent, exped air mattress, sleeping bag and clothes. Good looking bag with lots of eyelets for securing to bike and other bags to it but it's not wearing as good as the Ortlieb bags. The other two are Ortliebs 21 and 31lt.

The aluminium plate has two plates that clamp it in place. Looking at it now I over did the tie down holes and slots. I only use the four slots on the long edge. IMG_2380.JPG

G'day. I'm going to try and put a few pictures up. Don't hold your breath I'm not good with computers.

I have K-Drive saddle bags for touring and though some find the brackets ugly when not using the bags I like to use them as tie down points as well. All my bags are the roll top type, I use them when flying to work and on both bikes. I like that they are fully waterproof and the bag is always tight when adding and taking out clothes by adjusting the amount of rolls to close.
I think the biggest one on the pillion seat is the 40litre from Black Wolf it holds all I need for touring. Tent, exped air mattress, sleeping bag and clothes. Good looking bag with lots of eyelets for securing to bike and other bags to it but it's not wearing as good as the Ortlieb bags. The other two are Ortliebs 21 and 31lt.

The aluminium plate has two plates that clamp it in place. Looking at it now I over did the tie down holes and slots. I only use the four slots on the long edge. IMG_2380.JPG
Nice set up. Although I would rather ruff it out in a motel now that my youth has departed :D

Hey it looks like you have a longer front fender... How'd you manage that? Totally makes sense...

Back