RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
This is the chrome rack that fits over the rear fender when using the solo seat. Will this rack work with the quick disconnect docking station? I have a quick disconnect back rest for when my wife rides, but would like to go to the solo seat and rack when it's just me.

This is the chrome rack that fits over the rear fender when using the solo seat. Will this rack work with the quick disconnect docking station? I have a quick disconnect back rest for when my wife rides, but would like to go to the solo seat and rack when it's just me.

I have the solo seat and chrome rack. I'm not sure how the quick release backrest mounts. The rack comes with replacement side chrome pieces that have cutouts for the rack. Otherwise its just as it looks, no obvious provisions for the quick release backrest. The solo seat does have a mounting hole for the backrest that mounts to the seat. Its the same as the Longhaul Touring seat.

Hmmm, doesn't sound like it'll work with the docking station. You'd know if it had the quick disconnect.

I know this is an old post. I have a solo luggage rack. I do not have the brackets for it. Can any one trace them out on some paper or cardboard? I can figure out a set but would like to have it as close to stock as possible. I just need what sticks out above the fender with hole locations. Then I can cut them out of 5mm steel plate and drill/thread for mounting holes.

Will the rack work with the quick disconnect mounts? Sort of. I bought a solo seat and rack only from Tripps. An ace mechanic friend and I looked at it closely, held it up and decided that it can be somewhat easily made to work with four spacers and two additional fasteners and two drilled holes in the quick disconnect rack.

The plan is to remove the front quick disconnect and that roller mounting gizzi for the froward rack mount and drill one hole in each side of the mounting bracket for the rear.

Since the solo rack is wider, I'll use spacers over the existing forward mounting bolts and install new bolts and spacers for the rear rack attachment points using the drilled holes.

If you look at the spacing between the quick disconnect mount and there rear fender where the new bolts would be installed, it is very close so care will be needed to ensure the bolt head is flat enough so as not to rub up against the fender. I'll have to completely remove the rack to drill the holes on my drill press. I'll then seal the inside of the drilled surface with POR-14 paint on the end of an artist brush. It is stupidly expensive stuff but will prevent rust from ever forming. It is used in automotive shops to kill rust. It's one of those products with which one must don latex shop gloves before even opening the can. If spilled on the skin it will only come off with new skin.

Well, that's the plan.

I know this is an old post. I have a solo luggage rack. I do not have the brackets for it. Can any one trace them out on some paper or cardboard? I can figure out a set but would like to have it as close to stock as possible. I just need what sticks out above the fender with hole locations. Then I can cut them out of 5mm steel plate and drill/thread for mounting holes.

Do you mean luggage rack like on photo (see attached file)? I bought it with R3, but now I think I don't need it, because I like to ride with my chick. I could sell it or make picture with sizes for you.

Attachments

• triumph1.jpg
    triumph1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 12
@Alex Dem
Yours appears to be the stock rack which is normally fitted to stick out the back not forward. if you turn it around you will fit your pillion seat and your 'chick' and keep the rack as well. ;):D

@Alex Dem
Yours appears to be the stock rack which is normally fitted to stick out the back not forward. if you turn it around you will fit your pillion seat and your 'chick' and keep the rack as well. ;):D
LOL :) Thanks for advice... I have another one, with passengers seat, my 'baggage' like it very much, because she could attach a lot of girls staff. See my profile. :)

Last edited:
Back