Luggage Options?!

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Hey, guys! I’m going on a multi-day trip this summer and while I have the Triumph saddlebags on some Easy Brackets, they really don’t hold much.

I had considered putting on a luggage rack of some kind, but a) I’m not sure they could be mounted at the same time as the Easy Bracket mounts and b) not sure if anything would fit with my Corbin Fast Gun seat. Any recommendations/advice?!

Thank you!
IMG_9881.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my setup. Got a cheap as roll-up bag and sat it across the saddle bags. Tied down with straps through the bag mounts. Put an ugly ply board across the top to keep the bag off the back guard as first time I just chucked it on. it rained and fot dirt between the bag an guard then sanded the paint, hence the board. I then added some angle iron to the board on threaded rod that wedges between the bags and frame to stop the board moving. Works sweet and cost nothing.
20220224_132600.jpg

Here's my setup. Got a cheap as roll-up bag and sat it across the saddle bags. Tied down with straps through the bag mounts. Put an ugly ply board across the top to keep the bag off the back guard as first time I just chucked it on. it rained and fot dirt between the bag an guard then sanded the paint, hence the board. I then added some angle iron to the board on threaded rod that wedges between the bags and frame to stop the board moving. Works sweet and cost nothing.
20220224_132600.jpg
Great idea! If you happen to have any more detailed pics of the way you have it setup with the board, that would be helpful. I’m trying to picture exactly what you are describing.

I used the OEM pillion seat base, added a phenolic cutting board base and mounted a rear bag to it.
It comes on and off in a minute with the original two screws under the seat.

Just got to get creative....here's my R3GT touring set-up...A luggage rack bag installed in reverse on the passenger seat to take advantage of the backrest mounting, and some sport saddlebags from amazon on either side of that. Easy system and removed in minutes. Still have the luggage rack as well:)

Attachments

• luggage.jpg
    luggage.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 26
Great idea! If you happen to have any more detailed pics of the way you have it setup with the board, that would be helpful. I’m trying to picture exactly what you are describing.
Sorry just remembered this. You're probably sorted by now but...

Saddlebags aren't on at mo but you get the idea. Rough but completely hidden by the roll bag on top. I tie it down with straps around the saddlebags mount points.
IMG_20230618_121001_662.jpg
IMG_20230618_121044_374.jpg

IMG_20230618_120952_864.jpg

Sorry just remembered this. You're probably sorted by now but...

Saddlebags aren't on at mo but you get the idea. Rough but completely hidden by the roll bag on top. I tie it down with straps around the saddlebags mount points.
IMG_20230618_121001_662.jpg
IMG_20230618_121044_374.jpg

IMG_20230618_120952_864.jpg
No, this is great! I'm wondering thought - how does it no scratch the heck out of your bike?

Back