nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
im looking for luggage recommendations for 2.
Please submit pics of your recommendations and why.
Doesn't matter what it's made of as long as it will mount to the sissy bar.

I highly recommend this River Road Trolley Bag. It's the same size as an airline carry-on and has the same rolling wheels - making it a breeze to use. It has plenty of capacity (if you pack smart) and affixes to the sissy bar very sturdily. But if it looks like rain - make sure to use the included rain cover - it's NOT water resistant without the cover.

upload_2015-3-8_10-35-52.png

I use the large saddle man tunnel bag with removable saddle bags. I'll take a few photos! Thing is huge, easy, and comes with Avery waterproof liner!

I use the Iron Rider Main bag as my primary. It is lage enough that we can pack 3 days worth of clothing each and is slightly weather resistant without the cover. I did discover this past summer that if you ride in the rain for 10 hours straight that stuff will still get wet even under the rain cover. Weird how that works... But for short rides in the rain (under 2 hours) it holds up fine.

This is with a rain cover over it and another bag leaving Sturgis in the rain.
Way home3.JPG

This is with out the rain cover. I have a medium duffel/gym bag and my rain gear strapped to the top of it.
20140802_151441.jpg

Here is a link to their system. Amazon has them cheaper though.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/i...ent=3410725019&utm_campaign=PLA - Bing1^51904

426400_4863790590177_68310190_n.jpg
IMG_1255 (4).JPG
Boog and Ksquard have the right idea. My first trip x-country i over packed it was a pain loading and unloading. I ended up giving some of my clothes to the Indians at Wounded Knee Reservation and throwing some away to make room for the swag from Sturgis and the trip....:roll: You'll save a bundle if you go to e-bay a lot of Harley bags go cheaper than the Triumph bags and usually one size fits all. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...otorcycle+travel+bags&ghostText=&_sacat=16080 Bring a few extra bungee cords they come in handy.. Just recently put a sissy bar on the Rocket this fall.

Last edited:
I highly recommend this River Road Trolley Bag. It's the same size as an airline carry-on and has the same rolling wheels - making it a breeze to use. It has plenty of capacity (if you pack smart) and affixes to the sissy bar very sturdily. But if it looks like rain - make sure to use the included rain cover - it's NOT water resistant without the cover.
upload_2015-3-8_10-35-52.png

Darn!
That be a NICE bag! I already use River Road panniers and like them!
I don't do sissy bars, but this would still be a good one for carrying on a rack behind my solo seat! $171 on Amazon . . .
http://www.amazon.com/River-Road-10-9058-Spectrum-Textile/dp/B004MQWMWW

Have any problemas with the zippers?

Last edited:
I use the Iron Rider Main bag as my primary. It is lage enough that we can pack 3 days worth of clothing each and is slightly weather resistant without the cover. I did discover this past summer that if you ride in the rain for 10 hours straight that stuff will still get wet even under the rain cover. Weird how that works... But for short rides in the rain (under 2 hours) it holds up fine.

Wanted to ask you what you think about those beads on your ass?
Wondering if they work good or are a gimmick?
On a 1 to 5 scale?

We use Ortlieb dry bags .. one large and one medium. Along with the stock saddlebags that's all we've ever needed. Avoiding over packing (Catherine not me ) is the trick.

Wanted to ask you what you think about those beads on your ass?
Wondering if they work good or are a gimmick?
On a 1 to 5 scale?

I almost swear by them Bull. Their biggest plus is a dry bum during the ride all the way to the end. Moving around on them is a slight bonus for the massage they give. I take them off for winter riding as they allow too much air to circulate underneath. I give them a 5 for riding in the heat.

Back