Lowering Rider Footpegs

Marcr

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
I need your help, I'm finding the riding position on my Roadster a little cramped. I have searched the web and haven't found anything obvious. I only recently purchased the bike, and have been getting familiar with the riding position.

Any ideas or a point in the right direction would be great. I am 6'2"

Last edited:
I need you help, I'm finding the riding position on my Roadster a little cramped. I have searched the web and haven't found anything obvious. I only recently purchased the bike, and have been getting familiar with the riding position.

Any ideas or a point in the right direction would be great. I am 6'2"

You should find someone near you with a standard and sit on it. You might light the peg placement better. If so you can swap them out. If it just during criusing times forward highway pegs can be added.

Thanks, I'll look into that option. I'm not keen on the highway pegs, as I don't have engine guards, and I don't really want to add them. I am going to add handlebar risers as well, that might make the ride a bit more comfortable too.

And there are the RIVCO version quite popular for those not wanting an engine crash-bar clamps directly to the 1" foot rails.

https://www.customcruisers.com/contents/en-uk/p12080_triupmh-rocket-iii-highway-peg-mounts.html

Rivco Products

£116.62
Triumph Rocket III Highway Peg Mounts Rivco GL18004

The set can mounted to the vertical or horizontal tube, and tightens so securely that you can stand on them and they WILL NOT SLIP. The 6” long arms offer 56 positions thru a full 360-degree range of motion to accommodate any leg length and lock in the selected position with an internal pin. They can be used with RIVCO pegs, boards or any other peg having up to a 3/8” mounting bolt. Machined from billet and triple chrome plated. NOTE: These 1" Engine Guard Mounts also fit on the Triumph Rocket III and 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster.

Mounts will work on any 1" engine guard. PEGS and FLOORBOARDS SOLD SEPARATELY.

upload_2019-4-3_9-5-58.png

Merely my 2 Bolivars worth, but I recommend you N-O-T lower the pegs!
They already drag pretty easily in a good curve.
Perhaps raise or pad your seat.
Being 6'2" is not important here - what is your inseam?

Merely my 2 Bolivars worth, but I recommend you N-O-T lower the pegs!
They already drag pretty easily in a good curve.
Perhaps raise or pad your seat.
Being 6'2" is not important here - what is your inseam?

It's 32inch, so not too extreme. I have looked at the FC17 forward controls, but they would be too much of a stretch.

I think the seat raising is a genuine option.

And there are the RIVCO version quite popular for those not wanting an engine crash-bar clamps directly to the 1" foot rails.

https://www.customcruisers.com/contents/en-uk/p12080_triupmh-rocket-iii-highway-peg-mounts.html

Rivco Products

£116.62
Triumph Rocket III Highway Peg Mounts Rivco GL18004

The set can mounted to the vertical or horizontal tube, and tightens so securely that you can stand on them and they WILL NOT SLIP. The 6” long arms offer 56 positions thru a full 360-degree range of motion to accommodate any leg length and lock in the selected position with an internal pin. They can be used with RIVCO pegs, boards or any other peg having up to a 3/8” mounting bolt. Machined from billet and triple chrome plated. NOTE: These 1" Engine Guard Mounts also fit on the Triumph Rocket III and 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster.

Mounts will work on any 1" engine guard. PEGS and FLOORBOARDS SOLD SEPARATELY.

upload_2019-4-3_9-5-58.png

Thanks, I will take a look at this as an option

I have a set of Raask foot rails - they will be available if another member here decides against them, also I have a set ov standard foot rails and pegs moves the white position forward.
Below is the Raask
AEF8B6BA-9069-468F-8075-5AC7A747B0AE.jpeg
F12A3867-F057-48CF-8008-49D0196AB91A.jpeg
C94F0030-4414-4918-9DB8-AD909C931B32.jpeg
C4451248-12A9-4411-AF0C-623A7CC9920B.jpeg
FF01899A-BB3E-4093-9D37-202EB49EA220.jpeg
74924FED-416D-4A66-9F88-120E66CC6A6E.jpeg

Back