dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
I need more legroom (already have highway pegs) and wonder if there is an easy way to lower the floorboards an inch or a set of replacement floorboards that will give me more room. Thanks.

Not sure if there's a way to do that, but it will surely restrict your already rather limited lean angle. There's always a trade off.

Maybe look at a way to move them forward, or at least the foot controls forward so you can place your feet further forward. Lowering the boards would not be advisable at all.

Maybe you could have someone build you a custom seat and pick up an inch there instead of on the foot end of your leg. Russell, Sargent, Corbin, and either of the Meyers are good builders in the US. I've had best luck with Russell and Sargent, but you can find faithful followers of any of these seat rebuilders. There are probably similar guys in other countries.

The negative side of raising the seat height an inch is that you do move the center of gravity up, so handling will be a little different. Most people could get used to it.

If I can't find a simple way to lower them I'll send the stock seat to Mean City Cycles which has cut the rear ridge of foam back for me before to move me backwards an inch or two.

If I can't find a simple way to lower them I'll send the stock seat to Mean City Cycles which has cut the rear ridge of foam back for me before to move me backwards an inch or two.

I bought an EOM 2008 R3T seat (perfect fit for 2011 R3T) and sent it to Mean City Cycles who raised me up about an inch and moved my butt back 1 1/2", which made my bike much roomier. No effect on handling/stability.

Back