lower seat

anybody tried the triumph low seat option on a standard r3? i'am only 5ft 10" but can put both feet down flat, but an inch less seat hieght might help when i'am shuffling out of a parking space and trying to look cool. thanks in advance.
Ha!...I've not got the answer but read your post over morning coffee and got to the 'looking cool' bit and splurted out my coffee uncontrollably all over my shirt , computer everything. YOU MADE ME LAUGH SO THANKS! ( Now to change my bloody shirt!)

I have the Triumph Lowrider gel seat.
It is a fairly comfortable seat although long distances require the airhawk cushion.
as far as heigth I am 6'3" and at a stop my legs are bent quite a bit, for 5'11" it would probably be great.
You know what...I have the similar issues ...when wearing my leapord skin thong my arse sticks to the stock seat. When climbing off it's like having Velcro'd Butt. Brings tears to the eyes when I forget and jump off quick!
Good at night though as my arse glows like LEDs...

Last edited:
Well $hit, I've been 5'9" all my adult life and didn't know I was short until now! I thought I was average?

I can just flat foot both feet at a stop with the stock R3R and since every bike I've ridden was the same, I thought it was normal?o_O

Lol...seriously though...do you think a slightly lower seat position helps manovering? Logic says it might with center of gravity and all that?

I don't think it would make a noticeable difference in low speed handling feet on the pegs, but it might with shuffling the bike around in parking spots.
I know I'm extra cautious backing and turning on slopes, especially gravel where flat footing is nothing more than an extended skid plate.:eek:

EC485200-DA01-4088-9291-756FC6DD32AD.jpeg
Ask and you shall receive... I’m sure you fellas can find a way to make these look manly...;)

that seat would help planting the feet on any ground BUT it would also make your leg joints sore while riding after a while. as your knee joints would feel the increase in angle as your footpeg would be higher by the amount removed from the seat .. I did that mod and I found out the hard way.

Lol...seriously though...do you think a slightly lower seat position helps manovering? Logic says it might with center of gravity and all that?

Regarding handling, the CG (center of gravity) location is somewhat over-rated on a bike.
Picture balancing a broom stick on the end of your finger. Its CG is high.
Now balance a toothpick on your finger. Its CG is very low in comparison . . .

Why do trials riders stand up on the pegs when competing?
Just some food for thought . . . :D

Having a 29 inch inseam, I have done and regretted lowering the shockies.
I recommend NOT to go lower than the 12.5 inch standard.
Perhaps lower the seat or purchase some retro 70s boots. :eek: :roll: :p

I cut and shaped the foam on the standard seat. It did make a difference plus lower rear shocks. I later put on a single seat from Maverick, like the seat but.... Hard now to access underneath as it is bolted and not a 5 minute job to remove.

Back