lower seat height. floor boards/heal shifter

I had the same problem as you regarding the bike height. I am 5'11 but must have freakishly short legs. I got a seat from a rocket classic and yes wear boots with a thick sole.

Also, when I get the wife on the back she helps drop it another inch and the bike height is perfect!

I too be 5'11" with 29" inseam.
Low seat height is overrated and reduces ground clearance.
Only one foot is needed for stops anyway.

Slide one of the arse cheeks off the seat - so you can touch the ground.

Cropping .. that's easy ;) . Photocopy and a pair of sharp scissors .. next question ????
For those of us that are a bit more tech. savy You can use a guillotine thing instead of scissors. Hope this has been helpfull Richard.
Or a Stanley knife (box cutter to you Yanks ) .. can also be utilised ( used to you Yanks) :D

:roll::roll::roll::x3: Thanks guys. Where would I be without you? Now, how do I get it back into the computer after that?

Thanks much for all the input. I spoke with Corbin today, the say they can modify a seat to make it less wide and shorter. Sounds likethis may be a ssolution.
Has anyone got a young gun or fast gun seat on their r3?

I have the Fast Gun. Absolutely love the seat, but because of the width, it actually makes the bike a "taller" stance as far as my legs are concerned. If Corbin can custom one for you with less width that would be great; if it's standard though, you won't like the result (in terms of height). I'm only 5'9" (30" inseam), but was flat footed on my bike "before" the seat, not quite now.

Just wait until you wear out (prematurely) the POS Metzler on the front and change it to a 140/75/R17 she will feel lowered and more responsive. In fact if I bought a new one i would remove the metzlers and use them to start a burn pile :D

Back