lower crankcase bolts replacement

legsroses

.060 Over
Hi,
each bolt iss oxidized so I want opt for stainless steel.. I would unscrew one for know both depth/screw pitch.. my doubt is if gasket comes loose or leak/yields, so be forced to disassemble lower crankcase too.. could I avoid these risks if I unscrew an oxidized bolt at a time, so for replace it at the same time with one of the neew ones..
Bye

I'm not a metallurgist, but I know SS has different properties than steel, tougher in some ways, but weaker in others.

Tripps is right. It is something to consider before purchasing. Do a little research first.

The engine cases are fit together with a bonding material that is not a gasket. I think uninstalling and replacing 1 bolt at a time would be OK to do.

Hmmmm personally I wouldn't risk it dude, the manual has a specific bolt torquing sequence.

But... if you wish to know the lengths of bolts, and quantities, i took this note (06 engine).
Bold numbers are the tightening sequence, the numbers in brackets () are the bolt lengths.

upload_2020-1-31_20-46-43.png

upload_2020-1-31_20-47-16.png

Tripps is right. It is something to consider before purchasing. Do a little research first.

The engine cases are fit together with a bonding material that is not a gasket. I think uninstalling and replacing 1 bolt at a time would be OK to do.

it's should be considered before, so later maybe don't do it

Hmmmm personally I wouldn't risk it dude, the manual has a specific bolt torquing sequence.

But... if you wish to know the lengths of bolts, and quantities, i took this note (06 engine).
Bold numbers are the tightening sequence, the numbers in brackets () are the bolt lengths.

upload_2020-1-31_20-46-43.png

upload_2020-1-31_20-47-16.png

I wouldn't risk it too however now I know torquing sequence

Back