Want to Buy Lower air deflectors

Davefitz

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 rocket 3
does anyone have any? I just got a new (to me) 2005 R3 and it vibrates my head so badly on the highway from the buffeting that I can't ride it any distance without getting a severe headache. I have read that lower deflectors help with this problem. I am 6' tall and look over the windshield on the bike. HELP! Does anyone have any?

does anyone have any? I just got a new (to me) 2005 R3 and it vibrates my head so badly on the highway from the buffeting that I can't ride it any distance without getting a severe headache. I have read that lower deflectors help with this problem. I am 6' tall and look over the windshield on the bike. HELP! Does anyone have any?

Someone on this site said if you cut a 2 in hole in you screen just above the top support, it help a lot. But don't quote me on that. I do have a windshield with an adjustable vent cut in and a recurve and it's better than stock.

Another option is these stainless steel versions available for UK#50. (Try to ignore the 'over the top' other accessories etc. :rolleyes:)* Postage to Oz is a bit steep at UK#36.50 though.
* I have tried to save your eyes, sense of taste and focal distraction by cropping the photo - view originals in link below at your own risk ;):cautious:

2 screen lower deflector/Triumph rocket 3

He sells worldwide so just put the eBay item number in your local eBay browser search. I have been tossing up whether it may be worthwhile to match a Roadster screen I have not fitted yet but with winter on its way here in Canberra it may be an idea.

Someone on this site said if you cut a 2 in hole in you screen just above the top support, it help a lot. But don't quote me on that. I do have a windshield with an adjustable vent cut in and a recurve and it's better than stock.
I'd like to learn more about this. 2" seems a little big but hell if it works I'll give it a try. I really miss the Madstad I had on the roadglide couch.

Back