Lower Air Deflector question...

Gkiller

Supercharged
Does the Triumph Lower Air Deflector kit #A9748046 require the purchase and use of the Triumph front-end fixing kit #A9738051 to install the lowers? I am going to purchase some lowers for cool temp riding, and thought the deflector kit contained the clamps to install the lowers. However, in looking at a set of deflectors on ebay, it states that the front-end fixing kit must also be purchased?? I thought the FE fixing kit was only for windshields and not required for the lowers?:confused:

The lowers attach to the forks and are nowhere near the fixing kit. They probably just saw that for the windshields and assumed it was for all front glass.

I have a set of Triumph lower deflectors (pricey). They do a great job in getting rid of buffeting. I recently bought a set of Baker Air Wings. I like them very much. I haven't tried them together yet (lower deflectors and air wings) because I have missplaced two of the clamps for the deflectors:eek:

Well call me cheap I could not justify the price they wanted so I took the catalog picture and my caliber and did some scaling measuring the picture measuring the same part on my bike took a piece of quarter inch plexiglass and by doing some looking at the hardware store found out that the clamps that hold a chain-link fence to the post are a perfect fit for the forks I took heat shrink tubing and put around the clamps to make them look a little fancier also they do not scoot $7.43 invested a little work with the band saw and Sander I can ride it 70 mile an hour with a hat on. yes I would love to have a set of the Baker air wings but that's a lot of bucks :rolleyes:

The air wings are better than just using the lower deflectors because you can adjust them to either send air over the motor (legs) or the other direction. I really would like to try them together but I still don't have enough strength to piddle or work on stuff too long. I can only imagine how calm it would be with both sets together.

However, went on a ride yesterday with Cowtown Riders...a meetup.com group. We had 50 bikes and I did about 200 miles. Today I'm not too lively but not too bad.

I know the gold wing boys really swear by Baker air wings. Glad to hear you're getting out around here the wind has been about 30 to 35 mph and really got rough today radar map shows highs in the 20s daytime night time low to mid teens my knees don't like that stuff :(

Back