STRIPES

\\\STRIPES/// going to the HD shop.
Ride
06 R3 Std
After my R3's tune up at Power-Tripp's, The bike runs like a banshee. But now allovasudden, the RPM's have dropped to 500 and stalls frequently instead of idling. Also, a tad bit of decel popping again. Any quick fixes in lieu of taking it to a dealer? Suggestions muchly appreciated.

these bikes got a mind all there own , i have an 07 with 25000 miles on it , ive had it die at an intersection, ended up pushing it home that night about a mile , ive had the final drive replaced, ive had the upgrade kit , ive had the idle stall problem early on, i had the **** thang barely get passed a car, that one kept me puzzled one summer all summer long, but i keep on f@#$%ing with it and with the help of the guys on both this site and the .com site i get her going , i love this bike and i wont get rid of it, cause when she running good well you know what im talking about, hope you get it sorted out soon,

Did they reset your ecu my 05 always idled at 500 rmp but then they came out with a recall and reprogramed it to 800 or so and my 08 idles about 750 did they accidentally reset your bike to old specks ?

After my R3's tune up at Power-Tripp's, The bike runs like a banshee. But now allovasudden, the RPM's have dropped to 500 and stalls frequently instead of idling. Also, a tad bit of decel popping again. Any quick fixes in lieu of taking it to a dealer? Suggestions muchly appreciated.

Your "specs" under your avatar say your R3 is turbocharged, so I'll go on that assumption.

Which turbo kit do you have? "Boost Is Good" kit, or something else? What do you use for fuel control? Do you still have an operative idle stepper motor? Or are your MAP sensor & idle stepper disconnected? Really need more info to help troubleshoot your turbo setup, but if you have TuneBoy check your TPS voltage as a start.

You may not know all those answers, but Tripp would. Call him (and tell him you checked your breather for blow-by too).

Had a same problem with my '06 Standard, had the recall and revs upped, but in the end swapped the ECU out of it for one off the dealer demo, no problems after that.
Something also to do with voltage to stepper motor that operates the restrictor butterflys, if not the right voltage doesn't operate properly

The "turbocharged" spec is an indication of the number of posts here on site. I run mostly stock, lol, with a few simple improvements.

Oops, didn't read the bike list.

Back