Low fuel light does not work!! Found out the HARD way.

rocketrookie

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
I saw the thread on this issue last year, but unfortunately the pics are gone. Is this a common issue? Mine is an '07 R3 Classic, with no fuel gauge, just the light. Running out of gas in the Ocala Nat Forest sucks! Does anyone else know a fix for this, or will I just have to follow the instructions, minus the pics, to hopefully fix this? The light does intermittently light up, like right after I filled the tank (WTF), or for the first 5 minutes of a ride. I see that some Rockets have a fuel gauge. Is this something I can add to mine?

Mine got up to 140ish last,time out. I made it to gas station way out and they were sure proud of their fuel.

That was incredibly profound! I don't think my kindergarten-educated mind could have ever figured that out!
It never hurts to check. :D The fuel gauge on my R3T gave up the ghost. A lot of guys here have had fuel gauge issues. Most use fuel bot or just reset the trip meter as already stated.

Mine got up to 140ish last,time out. I made it to gas station way out and they were sure proud of their fuel.
I must really be babying this thing, because I ran dry at about 216 miles! The next time I filled up at 162 miles and it took 5.5 gallons.

I have an 06 classic best I have gotten out of mine is 370 kms/230 miles still had 2litres or half a gallon left.

Had a new fuel filter fitted at the dealership and somehow the buggered up the light sensor and now it's on all the time.

So I always use mileage trip meter.

Just need to put some black tape over the fuel light.

I have an 06 classic best I have gotten out of mine is 370 kms/230 miles still had 2litres or half a gallon left.

Had a new fuel filter fitted at the dealership and somehow the buggered up the light sensor and now it's on all the time.

So I always use mileage trip meter.

Just need to put some black tape over the fuel light.

230 miles - how many times did you fill up?

I saw the thread on this issue last year, but unfortunately the pics are gone. Is this a common issue? Mine is an '07 R3 Classic, with no fuel gauge, just the light. Running out of gas in the Ocala Nat Forest sucks! Does anyone else know a fix for this, or will I just have to follow the instructions, minus the pics, to hopefully fix this? The light does intermittently light up, like right after I filled the tank (WTF), or for the first 5 minutes of a ride. I see that some Rockets have a fuel gauge. Is this something I can add to mine?
Probably needs the updated float sending unit. Other then that you can bend the float a wee bit.

Back