Low coolant level

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
So yes I am finally getting ready to ride in Maine, still some snow, but expect nicer weather next week. Anyways working on the Rocket, I noticed that there is no coolant in the expansion tank. Is this because the engine and cooling system is probably 35-40F? Or is it likely I need to add a bit to bring the level up to the minimum level? Have never seen any coolant on the floor or on the engine.

Thanks

Hoopla

Check the hose from the tank to the radiator it might have a leak. If tbe radiator is full then I'd top it off and watch for leaks my hosebetween the radiator and tank had some cracks in it. Took a while to find the buggers.

Thanks for the replies. I took the radiator cap off and the radiator was full enough to over flow a bit. I'm going to run it next week and I'll watch the coolant level in the overflow tank. Took a pair of channel locks to get the cap back on tightly, hard to get a good grip. Just pust some duct tape over the pliers and didn't hard the cap. That 5mm 'safety' screw seems a joke, I guess it keep the cap from loosening, if it doesn't fall out first, :eek:

So all is good, even got my heated hand grip installed :D Put the Oxfords on, seem OK to me, I'll see how they help with the cold cramps.

Thanks again,

Hoopla

Back