Louder Pipes

xguidojr

.020 Over
Is there an aftermarket pipe that will add a little more rumble than you get from the stock pipes? The sound I get from my '07 Classic Touring is just not strong enough.

The long answer..... D&D's, Jardines, Zards ( not very powerful tho), Sams up & comming THUGS,( sound like a good bet) Triumph TORS, several other brands I'm sure will get posted, & of course one off custom made ones.
Aftermarket pipes ideally need a dyno tune to get the best from them.( Once you've ridden 145+ hp, you won't go back!!! :lol: )

Preds you might just get if you PM Sam NOW... he's doing a batch,( which took months to organise buyers for the minimum of 7 sets) & once done, might be a LOOOONG time before any more.. His new stuff in the pipeline are the THUGS. Sound clips posted are impressive.

I love my Mad Dogs, but, alas, they are no longer manufactured. Pretty tame at idle, however a lovely, deep, full-bodied growl at speed. Might be selling them over the Winter if I decide to go with Carpenter Racing's Stage 1 or 2 kit.

You can read about 'em here:

I made, and had mine made to suit me.
I took my cat delete off and had a 2" open harley drag pipe welded on.
Sounded way good,
A little loud perhaps, but real deep and soulful.
But alas, I lost alot of torque,
so bought a baffle from big city thunder and wrapped it and bolted it in.
Sounds real good now,
got plenty of torque too,
for example this last Sunday it pulled wheelies in the first three gears
after the launch at the track.
That was with the GiPro in 1st mode.
Total cost for the exhaust mod? $100.
The harley drag pipe was just laying around.
Paid my buddy $20. in beer to weld it on.
baffle was $80.
Oh yea, wrap was around $5.00.
Ok, $105.
Cheap and I'm happy with it.

I love my Mad Dogs, but, alas, they are no longer manufactured. Pretty tame at idle, however a lovely, deep, full-bodied growl at speed. Might be selling them over the Winter if I decide to go with Carpenter Racing's Stage 1 or 2 kit.

You can read about 'em here:

Yeah Maddogs sound great :D I bored mine out another 1/4 inch, & fitted custom made big bore balanced headers to them.

Back