Loud sound while shifting gears 1,2,3

Zen2osho

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 Roadstar
HEllo all ,
Mine is a 2012 roc 3 with 4000 plus miles on it. Last 2-3 rides the gear shiftng is rough from neutral to first, first to second and second to third. It softens from shifting up to 4 and 5th gear. Downshifting from all gears is silent though.
This started when doing very high speed running like the fastest 0 to 100kmph a couple of times.

The noise during shifting is too irritating ! Any suggestions pls.

The clutch operation is fine ,new mobile 15 w 50 engine oil with filter changed past 500 miles. No complaint in general running though.

Suggestions pls.

Your transmission hasn't broken in just yet. Give it time.

Is louder than ever before!! Is it normal Mr Nolton, it's already one year approx 4000 plus miles! I jus panic eve cancelled my appointment with my gf and thinking about it!:eek:

The shifts are loud, but good. I wouldn't worry about it at all. I like feeling and hearing a good hard lock into gear. It'll get quitter the higher gear you go, I'm guessing, just because the gears aren't as "chunky". Mine's an 07 and still shifts loud...but like I said, I actually prefer the confirmation.

Is louder than ever before!! Is it normal Mr Nolton, it's already one year approx 4000 plus miles! I jus panic eve cancelled my appointment with my gf and thinking about it!:eek:

Chances are your noticing the sound more now because your growing accustomed to the bikes performance

I will do a 50 mile ride and confirm it again, the noise was louder than usual past 100-200 Miles!! Thats why i was a bit concerned!!

Ive only had my R3R for 500 k's and its got 9,00km's on the clock, When I first got it had same issue, i know you said you changed oil 500 ago but when i changed my oil after first 100k's to 10w40 semi synth it almost disappeared, its still there but no where near as loud...

I changed to 15w50 Mobil 1 Racing 4T !! fully synthetic , was using the same oil but 10w40 before!!

Are you absolutely sure that the oil you are using isn't just Mobil 1 car oil? I know that you are on the other side of the world from the US, but, Mobiloil.com only lists 10w40 4T

Back