canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I can't beleave it I went out for a ride and my friend said pull over ,so I did he said I don't have a licence plate I said yeah right got off my bike to see no plate plus the metal plate that holds the licence plate was missing and my light bulb just hanging.
I looked underneath and all bolts was there looks like it broke, how could this happen ? Did this happen to anyone else?
Do I need to buy all new bracket?
I was thinking of just bending metal to hold licence plate but not sure how I mount light bulb?
Any suggestions ?
The good thing got all new ownership because new plate, my old one I spilled coffee on it lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
how could this happen ? Did this happen to anyone else?

I once backed into a parking space and the curb was so high that it bent the hell out the license plate. I didn't even know it until I rode off and could hear the plate rubbing against the rear tire.

You guys are funny I didn't do anything are these brackets that weak that will move when riding and aventuarly break?
I want to know how you guys fixed then? Or how you made a new one ?

Or am I just better off buying a new one?
I don't need the signal lights, just the plate and I guess that dome that the licence plat light fit into.
Did any one make there own up ? Any pictures?

I can't beleave it I went out for a ride and my friend said pull over ,so I did he said I don't have a licence plate I said yeah right got off my bike to see no plate plus the metal plate that holds the licence plate was missing and my light bulb just hanging.
I looked underneath and all bolts was there looks like it broke, how could this happen ? Did this happen to anyone else?
Do I need to buy all new bracket?
I was thinking of just bending metal to hold licence plate but not sure how I mount light bulb?
Any suggestions ?
The good thing got all new ownership because new plate, my old one I spilled coffee on it lol
I spent a bit of time yesterday fixing this exact same problem, 2 of the 4 small bolts had sheared off and the whole assembly was moving, fixed it by pop riveting the whole thing on through the original mounting holes

I've had my bike 3 years and I can't believe I have not lost my license!!! Lol!!
It's the reason (many years ago) I sold my "Stage2" Guzzi LeMans. I was pretty obviously going to lose my licence.

Guy who bought it from me did!. How do I know - I had a summons 2 weeks after the sale. Bill of sale proved innocence.

I'm feeling your pain.

Here's pic of mine it fell off earlier this year:mad::mad::mad:, first 10 minutes of a bike tour with mates, had to dodge police till I got another plate jimmied up.

I posted about it a while back the replacement bracket was a much heavier plate than the original.

Was an expensive fix even buying the bits from the US rather than the stealerships here.
R3 Broken Number Plate Bracket 002.jpg
R3 Broken Number Plate Bracket 004.jpg
R3 Broken Number Plate Bracket 005.jpg

Back