lost my low beams

camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Hey Guys,
I have been working on tuning my bike and I have an intermittent problem that appears to be getting worse. I lose my low beams when I switch from high to low sometimes. Currently they don't work at all! I mean when I have the switch on low beam, I have nothing! Put it on high, and the high beams work.

Ideas on this or a possible fix? Interested to hear what you guys have to say on this one...

Chris

I had this problem one night well out riding.

Turned out the thingy me Bob under the side cover on the right hand side had come loose yeah its the relay zip ties it in place not happened again.

Interesting....The starter relay which also supplies power to the lights, supplies power to both the high and low beams sides through the switch. If it was the relay then neither the high beam or low beam should work. Oh well...one of lifes mysteries I guess. I would have thought it would be a bad switch or socket.

Hey Guys,
I have been working on tuning my bike and I have an intermittent problem that appears to be getting worse. I lose my low beams when I switch from high to low sometimes. Currently they don't work at all! I mean when I have the switch on low beam, I have nothing! Put it on high, and the high beams work.

Ideas on this or a possible fix? Interested to hear what you guys have to say on this one...

Chris
Had the same problem including the left turn signals would sometimes come on and sometimes would not. Took switch apart and with some spray electrical connection cleaner flushed the switches with cleaner. Soaked the switches. Problem went away after that. Figured when i wash the bike i now cover the switch with a plastic bag. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

well if u like working on your bike u can pull the lights and check the power on low beams and if there is no power u can then take the hi/low switch apart and fix that like bedifferent said

Back