Losing power on my R3

Flymetothemoon

.020 Over
Ride
2013 rocket 111
Hi All, hoping for some help from those more mechanically minded than I am.
I have a 2013 model roadster (second hand) dyno tuned with a power commander 5 and what I was told was a sports exhaust although I can't tell what type of exhaust or if its a model that triumph manufacture as it looks stock.
My problem is that if I drive it in 2nd or 3rd at 3000to 4000 revs for a bit and then hit traffic or decide to drive at normal rpm (2000-3000) the engine loses power and starts shuddering.
if I try to accelerate or up the revs it gets worse and doesn't get any better until I slow down to stop and get some massive decel pops. Sometimes even when I stop I have to rev the engine to make it pop and clear it out.
The only thing I can think is that the dyno tuning is not right and the fuel air mixture is wrong at certain revs and stress. I'm no pro so only guessing and would love some help on what to do.
Is the bike still under warranty if its been dyno tuned?

Download tuneECU onto a laptop computer and plug in the OBD cable to save your current tune before taking it to the dealer as they will update your tune with a standard TORS tune. You most likely have Triumph after market mufflers called TORS (Triumph Off Road Silencer).

Step 1: Remove power Commander
Step 2: Ride and be happy or see step 3
Step 3: Get TuneECU Cable, install a tune. If happy with tune, see step 2, otherwise try different tune.

Problem solved.

do you have an Auto Tune on the PCV
Thanks for the quick response everyone.
Hanso I have no idea if I have auto tune on the pvc. To be honest I've been following your posts as you help others and learning heaps but I still no **** all about this kind of stuff.
I've never had a car, been riding all my life but was never into sport bikes/speed bikes/high performance or anything with a computer system... Then a rocket passed me one day and that was it... Would it be easier/safer for me to get someone else to look and fix the system or do you think a novice can figure it out?
Happy to give it a go, just don't want to hurt my ride.

Find your PCV and see if another smaller module is plugged into it the smaller module will also have a connection to the O2 sensor on the exhaust not to mention have the words AutoTune written on it

Maybe if your not into modifying the bike, take the PCV out and have Triumph install the TORS tune, that way if anything else is wrong Triumph warranty should take care of it. :thumbsup:

Back