speedfrk

.060 Over
To make a long and sad story shorter I'll condense the details. A year after purchasing my 08 Classic with 13,xxx miles I decided to start doing the same mods as a lot of folks do. I started with TORS and a factory TORS tune. Then while my bike was at the stealer for it's 20,000 mile service I decided to to do the tall tripples(no bearclaw) and have it tuned witha PCV + Auto-Tune. I got talked into going with a PCIII instead. After picking the bike up it ran like a turd(especially torque). While my bike was at the stealer I was treated not very well by both the mechanic and the owner(I won't go into detail, but they weren't professional and after 7 years and three bikes I expected a lot better). I decided I wouldn't go back there. I still haven't decided about contacting Triumph as I'm expecting to get the high salute and nothing would happen. So now I'm stuck with trying to get everything worked out. Hanso has been a great help. I removed the PCIII and expected the bike to return to stock. It didn't. I then installed the TORS + Tripples tune I got from Hans via Tune ECU expecting performance to improve. It hasn't. Now before I go installing a PCV + Auto Tune with Han's PCV fuel tables map I'm thinking I now have a mechanical issue. I'm really getting frustrated with all this and regretting I ever messed with my bike at all and left it completely stock.

TOOK MY STOCK 07 FOR SERVICE WHILE BACK AGO DEALER FINISHED IT RIGHT AT QUITTING TIME RAN LIKE SH*T DIED AT EVERY STOP WENT BACK TO DEALER OF COURSE THEY WERE CLOSED CALLED SON BROUGHT TRUCK (2 HOUR DRIVE ONE WAY)TOOK BIKE BACK TWO WEEKS LATER EARLIEST CHANCE SINCE WORK DOES CALL FIRST TOOK ALL DAY TO DO THE 12 MINUTE TUNE GOT IT BACK AT QUITTING TIME AGAIN STILL RAN LIKE SH*T TOOK BIKE TO PHEONIX DEALER SAID IT WAS ONE TOOTH OFF ON THE TIMING GEARS HAVE NOT BEEN BACK TO THAT DEALER SINCE WILL TRAVEL EXTRA 5 HOURS TO SOMEWHERE THAT DOES IT RIGHT AND TREATS YOU LIKE THEY WANT YOURE BUISINESS DONT KNOW IF THATS WHATS UP WITH YOURES RR NOT MAYBE FIND ANOTHER DEALER BE SURE TO GET IT IN WRITING FOR AMMO IF THEY FIND ANYTHING WRONG

To make a long and sad story shorter I'll condense the details. A year after purchasing my 08 Classic with 13,xxx miles I decided to start doing the same mods as a lot of folks do. I started with TORS and a factory TORS tune. Then while my bike was at the stealer for it's 20,000 mile service I decided to to do the tall tripples(no bearclaw) and have it tuned witha PCV + Auto-Tune. I got talked into going with a PCIII instead. After picking the bike up it ran like a turd(especially torque). While my bike was at the stealer I was treated not very well by both the mechanic and the owner(I won't go into detail, but they weren't professional and after 7 years and three bikes I expected a lot better). I decided I wouldn't go back there. I still haven't decided about contacting Triumph as I'm expecting to get the high salute and nothing would happen. So now I'm stuck with trying to get everything worked out. Hanso has been a great help. I removed the PCIII and expected the bike to return to stock. It didn't. I then installed the TORS + Tripples tune I got from Hans via Tune ECU expecting performance to improve. It hasn't. Now before I go installing a PCV + Auto Tune with Han's PCV fuel tables map I'm thinking I now have a mechanical issue. I'm really getting frustrated with all this and regretting I ever messed with my bike at all and left it completely stock.

Yes as stated above if its down on Power and they pulled the cams to do some shim changes my bet is the cam timing is off a tooth or two. did they tune the pc3 on a dyno? Was this D&D in Norfolk?

Well speedfrk, I hate to hear such a horror story. And a "loyal" customer like you are very hard to come by. You may want to have another chat with the owner behind a closed door. Not sure what he did, but he should (hopefully) correct the issue. Give him a chance to make it right.
And if he does,great. And if not tell him he's an a$$hole then leave.

Yes warp it was D&D and not to go into great detail, but both Brian and Jerry treated me like crap. I sent an e-mail to Brian telling him what was going on with my bike and how I felt about how I was treated while my bike was at his shop and that I didn't understand what I'd done to piss them off to have them act like my business was no longer wanted. I got no e-mail responce from him as well as no phone call from Brian to try and get to the bottom of what was going on and how he could make it right. I did get two phone calls from Jerry his mechanic and both times I was brow beat for writting the e-mail in the first place. Maybe I was wrong for writting an e-mail, but I was so mad about it all that if I went back in there I was afraid at the time I might have said, or done something I'd regret. I'm sick about this whole thing. I'm sure now I'm the subject of much sarcastic banter around the shop. I just can't figure out how an owner of a respected 20+ year bike shop could be so hands off and refuse to get involved. Maybe I should go to Triumph, but I have little faith in manufactures of anything that is out of warranty.

I almost forgot. Warp you may be right about the cam timing. i looked at my receipt and sure enough I was charged for a new valve cover gasket so I'm sure the were into my valves. I'm thinking I also need to do a compression check for a burnt valve as well as check to see if I have broken/bad spark plug. You wouldn't think a new plug would be a problem, you never know and why would my bike be handed back to me with these good dyno numbers knowing full well that the bottom end torque feels like a turd.

Will a PCV+AT work on a 2008? I was under the impression that we were limited to the PCIII.

MarvinM

yes i have also had problems with two triumph dealers first one i brought a 2005 sprint it had a few issues like pulling teeth try to get warrenty so went 160kms to another dealer had to worm my way in becasue i did buy bike there ended up buying two rockets 2008 & 2010 had a good repour with him then came the shoddy workman ship a whole shim service what mess.ended up getting mycash back but no satisfaction so now im dealerless & that way unfortunatily dont trust any of them

yes i have also had problems with two triumph dealers first one i brought a 2005 sprint it had a few issues like pulling teeth try to get warrenty so went 160kms to another dealer had to worm my way in becasue i did buy bike there ended up buying two rockets 2008 & 2010 had a good repour with him then came the shoddy workman ship a whole shim service what mess.ended up getting mycash back but no satisfaction so now im dealerless & that way unfortunatily dont trust any of them

That's why I do my own work. I figure I can fug it up myself for nothing instead of paying someone else to do it.

Back